25 Mar 2023
Source: trust me bro
Cost of the PC port?
Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PC gamers cry about how making a PSN account in another region is against TOS.

PC gamers then pirate the game and go around encouraging everyone to do the same
Another Steam flop. Surprise for the weakest platform from the big three.
No.

The port is on track to sell several million units, already is profitable and on track to be their best selling SP game on Steam and generate over $100M in profits. And so far has 83% of positive reviews.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No, the source is basic logic and maths.

It may be too complex for you, let me help:

$59.99/copy x minimum of 57934 units x 70% cut = > $2.43M

57934 was the amount of people connected playing the game on the peak 2 hours after releasing the game. The units must be more. Ports cost around $2M so yes, the port must be already profitable.

I need to know why Sony refuses to use Denuvo
Probably because some players hate Denuvo.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
No, the source is basic logic and maths.

It may be too complex for you, let me help:

$59.99/copy x minimum of 57934 units x 70% cut = > $2.43M

57934 was the amount of people connected playing the game on the peak 2 hours after releasing the game. The units must be more. Ports cost around $2M so yes, the port must be already profitable.

Thank you Chatgpt! Sorry i mean Yurinka!

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
The source is a marvelous thing called mathematics along with some common sense and knowledge of the cost of prior PC ports of PlayStation exclusives thanks to the Insomniac leaks, Mr. Box.

But you wouldn't know anything about any of those things, so of course you think it's "trust me bro". I wouldn't expect any less.

Oh, and I almost forgot: I probably need to remind you that "prior" means "before" and not "after".

57,000 concurrent users on Steam, which is not even a complete sales figure, mind you, at $60 a pop, is $3.42 million. Subtract 30% from that and you get $2,612,000.

From the Insomniac leaks, we can confirm that the Ratchet & Clank PC port had a cost of...

$2.5 million.

Trust me bro.
Thank you Chatgpt! Sorry i mean Yurinka!
This was posted as I was gathering these links to indulge you and the only conclusion I can draw from it is that you are a completely unserious person.

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
57,000 concurrent users on Steam, which is not even a complete sales figure, mind you, at $60 a pop, is $3.42 million. Subtract 30% from that and you get $2,612,000.

From the Insomniac leaks, we can confirm that the Ratchet & Clank PC port had a cost of...

Imagine actually taking my low effort bait seriously

Easily fooled

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Nice enjoying the game so far?

I'd recommend taking your time with the game and exploring the entire world + doing sidequests.

Don't look for spoilers, and parrying in this game is very good but if you're not into it there's plenty of other ways to destroy enemies.
Enjoying it so far, I just did the first sidequest available to me and plan to do all the others if the quality of that first one was any indicator.

Also I'm doing nothing but parrying and dodging in fights.

The random freezing in cutscenes is a bit annoying but I just alt-tab out and back in

Reactions: TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Enjoying it so far, I just did the first sidequest available to me and plan to do all the others if the quality of that first one was any indicator.

Also I'm doing nothing but parrying and dodging in fights.

The random freezing in cutscenes is a bit annoying but I just alt-tab out and back in
Nice.

This game is incredible and one of my favorites, so I'd recommend playing it without any distractions!

• Shake
Reactions: Polyh3dron

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Peak concurrent good indicator for general interest but shouldn’t be compared to day one releases or online driven games. Especially for something like Tsushima 4 years since its original release.

I believe that Tsushima and Ragnarok will have excellent legs on steam. I consider them evergreen titles along with GT on PlayStation. Considering Tsushima already set a new peak this morning …

With shogun hype fresh etc… all these considered… right game at the right time too.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I think Ubisoft just helped this game on PC. With the controversy surrounding the new AC, it'll just give people an incentive to give this a try as a "fuck you, this is how it's done" to Ubisoft.