Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Soooooo hvnt seen cheaters but yesterday I saw my first and must have been a PC head. My teamate got on a rock and threw around 60 grenades. He had unlimited fucking ammo and grenades. Thts not fun playing like tht, it's stupid!!!

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’ve found a loadout that I’m having lots of fun with. I better enjoy it as much as I can befire AH nerfs the hell out of it :(

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Soooooo hvnt seen cheaters but yesterday I saw my first and must have been a PC head. My teamate got on a rock and threw around 60 grenades. He had unlimited fucking ammo and grenades. Thts not fun playing like tht, it's stupid!!!

I think I noticed that when I was playing at a private party with friends of a friend but never saw something like it again.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
There was a bug that allowed you to have infinite grenades, but I thought it was already fixed.

"We want to be the next FromSoftware or Blizzard"

And I want to make a threesome with Scarlett Johansson and Ana de Armas. It's ok to be ambitious but they need to chill and be realistic.

They had a record launch, which is a huge achievement but just a first step. They now have to prove they can keep the pace with Helldivers 2 during multiple years and also that they are capable of releasing a second hit.

If they achieve both then it would be time to think beyond that.

Other than this, the article is great and seems they did the right decision. The article says Helldivers 1 sold 4M units, which back then was great for a Vita+PS3 (+PC) game.

They also mention: "We have to see what the future holds, but there’s nothing in the plans where we want to be acquired by somebody."
"And Johan, as wise as he is, told me to 'fuck off', because he had a game to ship."
"When we look at the challenge ahead of us, we feel like Frodo and Sam going towards Mordor. "
Lol, this is exactly how a studio head should act xDD

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They caught lightning in a bottle but the trick is prolonged success. People were bagging on Bungie because HD2 exploded but Destiny 2 is currently averaging more CCU again than HD2.

They need to prove they can keep this game interesting and engaging for at least a year before talking about Fromsoft or Blizzard.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
  • they're_right_you_know

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
people are just going to naturally get bored when there’s not a ton of new things to do or see and other new games come out.

Or the live service games they were previously playing get big updates, like Destiny 2

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

If I had to guess, I think the pre-patched dark fluid missions were more likely to get people rage quitting the game until they fixed it, than bringing back some players.

people are just going to naturally get bored when there’s not a ton of new things to do or see and other new games come out.
There's a ton of new things in the oven, though. There's multi-seat vehicles in the game code since launch, and the Illuminate race is definitely still coming up.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If I had to guess, I think the pre-patched dark fluid missions were more likely to get people rage quitting the game until they fixed it, than bringing back some players.

There's a ton of new things in the oven, though. There's multi-seat vehicles in the game code since launch, and the Illuminate race is definitely still coming up.
Is it still ongoing? Or did I miss it?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Is it still ongoing? Or did I miss it?

We the Citizens of Super Earth successfully deployed the new dark fluid weapon and turned the wretched planet Meridia, home to a growing Supercolony of Terminids, into a Beautifully Democratic Black Hole.

Meridia_Black_Hole.png

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Anyone here playing using Discord?
Steam: Monkeyclaw. Same avatar as here.

I usually play all-in going for samples, secondary objectives etc.
But also this type of stuff:

I almost always play with Spyxos from here.

Hell I even made a Spotify list to listen to while serving managed democracy.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We the Citizens of Super Earth successfully deployed the new dark fluid weapon and turned the wretched planet Meridia, home to a growing Supercolony of Terminids, into a Beautifully Democratic Black Hole.

Meridia_Black_Hole.png
Aghhhhh

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This thread just reminded me how PS games are now second class citizens. I didn't renew my PS Plus subscription, which means I cannot play this game on PS5, but I can play with my GFs account on Steam (she has the game on PC).

Amazing 😂

Reactions: JAHGamer