Abdizur

Banned
5 Aug 2023

F7-EGo-Gp-Xs-AAS95g.jpg

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm sure this forum will be quite happy. PlayStation could play this very smartly depending on who they replace him with. They could blame all the bad PR lately on him.

Also, I'm sure the Xbox fanboys will argue that him leaving is a sign that PlayStation is dying, lol.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
He made some mistakes but overall he was very good to PlayStation... made the band stronger than ever and it sales skyrocket with records.
Still some of his mais points failed (PC needs a lot more effort and changes to turn out good).

I don't blame him like "killing my mother" like some here.
This news is a bit of surprise but I can guess the reasons.

The chances to the next guy do things wrong is really high imo.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Short but good run. Wonder what the story is…

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It will be funny if this turns out to be untrue,

But knowing Jason, we should have official work in probably two hours.
It should be amazing day with memes.

But it is probably true.
People hates Jason and wants him to fail but he is one of the most reliable journalists in the industry.

Reactions: Zzero

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Sony PlayStation confirms: Jim Ryan intends to retire in March 2024

New CEO is Hiroki Totoki

F7EGoGpXsAAS95g

Comment from Jim Ryan

“After 30 years, I have made the decision to retire from SIE in March 2024. I’ve relished the opportunity to have a job I love in a very special company, working with great people and incredible partners. But I’ve found it increasingly difficult to reconcile living in Europe and working in North America. I will leave having been privileged to work on products that have touched millions of lives across the world; PlayStation will always be part of my life, and I feel more optimistic than ever about the future of SIE. I want to thank Yoshida-san for placing so much trust in me and being an incredibly sensitive and supportive leader.”

Comment from Hiroki Totoki

“I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to Jim Ryan for his outstanding achievements and contributions over his 30-year career at Sony, including the great success of launching the PlayStation 5. The PlayStation business managed by SIE is an essential part of Sony Group’s entire business portfolio. I will work with Jim and the senior management team closely to ensure our continued success and further growth. I am also looking forward to creating the exciting future of PlayStation and the game industry together with everyone at SIE and its business partners.”

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
He made some mistakes but overall he was very good to PlayStation... made the band stronger than ever and it sales skyrocket with records.
Still some of his mais points failed (PC needs a lot more effort and changes to turn out good).

I don't blame him like "killing my mother" like some here.
This news is a bit of surprise but I can guess the reasons.

The chances to the next guy do things wrong is really high imo.

Yep. Maybe Shuhei will come then?