Live-Action Legend of Zelda Movie Gets Reassuring Update from Director (Exclusive)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1714733225397.png

The upcoming live-action Legend of Zelda film just got a reassuring update from its director.

Shigeru Miyamoto, the original creator of the Legend of Zelda franchise, first announced the project's existence on the official Nintendo X (formerly Twitter) account in November 2023.

In an exclusive interview with The Direct's Russ Milheim, while promoting his new movie Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Legend of Zelda director Wes Ball teased how good the highly anticipated Nintendo film will be.

Ball noted how the franchise is "one of the most important things ever in [his] life," and that the movie is "gonna be great," and "fans are gonna be happy:"
We're working on it. I think it's gonna be great. Fans are gonna be happy. 'Legend of Zelda,' to me, is one of the most important things ever in my life. You know, next to 'Star Wars.' I've played 'Legend of Zelda' throughout my childhood into my adulthood. You know what I mean? I am a fan. I am a fellow fan. I will go to the ends of the earth to make sure that it is the movie we all hope it will be."