Next-gen Xbox to have 2 SKUs including handheld. |UP| Believed to be releasing 2026

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Here comes the ol' PIVOT strategy from the Xbox crowd. "WAIT UNTIL E3!!!" has now evolved to "WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT XBOX!", lol.
And don't you just "love" running narrative that Playstation is dying (since the PS1 era) from the combined Xbox, Nintendo and PC zealots?
I have never heard this, ever, and I worked in a game store that sold everything during the PS1 era. All of the excitement was around the PS1 during that time.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have never heard this, ever, and I worked in a game store that sold everything during the PS1 era. All of the excitement was around the PS1 during that time.
I heard this alot during and after PS3 era.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I heard this alot during and after PS3 era.
Really? I haven't!

Actually, the most complaining I've heard is right about now, from PS fans lol. :)

Definitely don't see other fan bases saying PS is dying. Not en masse anyway. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Really? I haven't!

Actually, the most complaining I've heard is right about now, from PS fans lol. :)

Definitely don't see other fan bases saying PS is dying. Not en masse anyway. 🤷‍♂️
LOL it was rampant, thts all Xbots talked about and also some forums/outlet but hey I hear you.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No way they are going to even try to release another console. At most they'll release some sort of half-assed Windows machine.

They gave up the moment they started releasing their games on PlayStation. The only question that remains is if they knew that before buying Bethesda and ABK or if they were just clueless.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Well that officially kills Xbox sales this gen.

I honestly have no idea why Console makers are going the Steamdeck route.

That shit hasn’t even reached 5 million units sold.

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Who's going to want another xbox when we know that Microsoft no longer supports its own machines? In its 4 years of existence, the X/S has had no game support whatsoever. There are no memorable exclusives, even the disastrous XB1 was better in that respect. And M$ games can now be released on the rivals console at any time.

Seriously, you'd have to be one hell of a sucker to get screwed a 3rd time in a row after the Xbox one and the Series.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Who's going to want another xbox when we know that Microsoft no longer supports its own machines? In its 4 years of existence, the X/S has had no game support whatsoever. There are no memorable exclusives, even the disastrous XB1 was better in that respect. And M$ games can now be released on the rivals console at any time.

Seriously, you'd have to be one hell of a sucker to get screwed a 3rd time in a row after the Xbox one and the Series.
I wouldn't touch it even if they gave me a $200 rebate and an Xbox mini fridge 😂🤣

• haha
Reactions: Evilms

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't touch it even if they gave me a $200 rebate and an Xbox mini fridge 😂🤣
In any case, with the failures of the XB1 and the X/S, Microsoft has lost the confidence of gamers and quite a few third-party publishers.

Good luck convincing them with a new console in 2 years' time, not sure many people will follow.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

User name checks out.

To be honest, if the hardware+software proposition is good enough, people will buy it.

I.e. if it's a powerful handheld with custom hardware and a proper handheld UI that excels at playing games and runs windows in the background letting people use other stores, then people will buy it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
User name checks out.

To be honest, if the hardware+software proposition is good enough, people will buy it.

I.e. if it's a powerful handheld with custom hardware and a proper handheld UI that excels at playing games and runs windows in the background letting people use other stores, then people will buy it.
Nah their software isn't enticing which is the reason this gen was a dud as well.