PSN account required for Ghost of Tushima Legends on PC (only mp). |UP| on Steam will be unavailable in countries without PSN.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Dont they both also have a stake in Nintendo,Microsoft,Amazon,apple and Google?
These fuckers have a stake in everthing, the most egregious thing is they own most real estate and farm in the States. Them owning microshit, apple and google doesn't bother me that much as them owning the farmland. 10-15 yrs down the line we will be stuck eating all GMO foods and insect protein if these clowns had their way

• fire
Reactions: Box and Jim Ryan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You blame Steam users because you hate PC gamers, this entire forum does lmao.

Everyone is angry at PlayStation for selling a mandatory PSN game that you can't play at all without a PSN in countries that don't have support for PSN.

They just doubled down and added 3 more countries to that lockout. Mostly everyone would stop the moment Sony adds at the very least, psuedo-support for those countries (literally just add them to the drop down menu or a Misc/Other option) except for some fringe lunatics who ree at making a PSN account, a majority, including me, already have one.
So you are first world warrior lol

Weirdo Steam users should stop thinking in what others Steam users cares.

They created an issue where it never existed.
A selective issue that only matters for the companies they want… well… hate lol

Some Steam users hates PlayStation for reasons and you come here calling people hating PC lol

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

Some Steam users hates PlayStation for reasons and you come here calling people hating PC lol
I mean yeah, this forum has shown time and time again they hate PC users while actively contributing to the reason they hate PC users @Etifilio :)

I don't hate Sony at all, I don't like the way they're going about publishing their games, as do many others, but you can't sit here and blame it on Steam users for advocating the countries who got delisted to be relisted over Helldivers 2. Now the majority of people are wondering why if the Multiplayer mode is the only mode that requires a PSN account for Ghost of Tsushima, why did they delist the game in the countries that PSN doesn't support? Why not just block MP? You will never please everyone, if they did that I know there will be bad actors crying about "paying full price for half the game." In reality, what should be looked at is the reason they're buying it, be honest with me, who is buying Ghost of Tsushima SOLELY for the legends mode?

wow look at that! HD2 is delisted in Puerto Rico even though it's a PSN supported region?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

just let it go, man, they strawman or red herring your arguments. they have nothing to add just sore loser whining, and if they can't whine, they just make a problem out of nothing, that would enable them whine and cry again.

i would be surprise at all if someone is joking here with AI, because how scripted it is to come back to same 1 argument, even if you don't ask or talk about it. it is pathetic on any human intelligence.

Reactions: ethomaz

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
just let it go, man, they strawman or red herring your arguments. they have nothing to add just sore loser whining, and if they can't whine, they just make a problem out of nothing, that would enable them whine and cry again.

i would be surprise at all if someone is joking here with AI, because how scripted it is to come back to same 1 argument, even if you don't ask or talk about it. it is pathetic on any human intelligence.
I can see you've given up entirely on actually discussing the topic because you don't know what to say anymore, the point is everyone wants to pin it on HD2's backlash instead of using their brain for more than two seconds and ask themselves "why do I not want Sony to just expand their supported regions?" instead of shilling for them 24/7 and acting like "they brought it on themselves!"

Also, because I forgot to officially answer your question in another thread, you were comparing "official support" with Xbox and PlayStation, right? I think it was you, well guess what, I was correct in saying that Microsoft accounts are what is required (Especially in the case of Sea of Thieves, as they are asked for a Microsoft Account, not an Xbox account) and if you did any small bit of research on the various packages of the games that "require Xbox LIVE" you will see they have no known restrictions on ANY of their games except for cross region trading or gifting to minimize the amount of fraud from people who buy games with a VPN.

So in conclusion, Xbox supports the amount of countries that Microsoft supports and that is every single country minus ones restricted by U.S Law. Russia being one right now, if I can recall correctly and you DO need to have a Microsoft account to make an Xbox account, which is what makes the two the same. The only difference is Xbox doesn't have official store support in a lot of those countries but they are able to sell their games (especially on PC, which is Sony's issue) that require accounts there BECAUSE they have support for them.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
nope, you can't have one without the other. There is objectively no "right way", it's all bad.
That's just a radical response. An extreme.

I'm still waiting on an explanation on how "we'll no longer be getting games like this (GOW,Horizon) because of this. That user still hasn't answered what "this" is, let alone explain to me the logic behind that answer.

Let's look at it this way. Wanna know why I'm not concerned about PC ports YET? Because PC ports so far haven't affected me as a console gamer. Not one bit.

I'll get concerned when it starts affecting me directly. If game quality starts getting worse because of PC ports. That hasn't happened yet and it's a fact. Sony is still releasing top quality products, unlike the majority of publishers these days.

And that's the reason I'm against day one releases. Port old games, I don't care. But if they straddle 1st party studios with a PC version for day one, that's when I'll get pissed. Because then my experience is directly affected. They can pull it off without issues but I doubt it.

And the biggest argument on this site is how PC releases are killing console sales. Let's look at it logically. If millions of people stopped buying consoles since they can get these games on PC, how come it's not reflected in PC game sales? Where did those millions go?

You'll bring up piracy as the reason. Most piracy happens in 3rd world countries where people can't afford these consoles. That's not a sale lost, they were never going to get a console. Most of these countries don't enforce piracy laws so it's free-for-all when it comes to downloading anything and everything. problem is, their rigs are also shit so they don't really run these games anywhere near well. So even if they could get a game, they can't run it.

And the last argument is 'Xbox is dead because of PC releases". Xbox started dying LONG before they even thought about PC releases. Xbox's decay started during the second half of the 360 generation. When they stopped supporting the console with great games and Sony just kept on trucking, releasing TLOU, a brand new IP, in the final year of their console's life cycle. A major risk.

Lack of games. That's what killed Xbox. Ask a random about Xbox and they'll tell you they can't remember the last time Xbox released anything console defining. GamePass just finished the brand off. Look at their last gen. Xbox sold almost 60 million units. 60 million for a console with no amazing games AND day one PC releases. The console market is huge. Now think what a console with actual great games can and will do.

I think, for now, the PC affect on console sales is largely overexaggerated. For now. I'll gladly change my opinion (I just hope I won't have to) if we see actual evidence to the contrary, instead of using the death of a brand that started dying long before PC releases, as evidence.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It's honestly really funny to me that this thread only thinks of PC gamers as pirates. When someone in this very thread, actually have pirated games "because they already bought it on PS5." I can't imagine complaining about an issue and then being a part of the problem.

When I ask for proof that every PC gamer is a pirate. People can only show me news articles like games being cracked 30 seconds into release or something like that. The thing you all don't understand is there are people who make a living off cracking new things, if the game doesn't have great protection, it's easy for those people. It doesn't support the baseless and needless painting of PC players as pirates, otherwise Steam wouldn't be profitable.

I DO NOT CONDONE PIRACY IN ANY WAY.
You sound like a pirate to me. Only a stupid company would go out of their way to expose their games to piracy in exchange for so little return in comparison to what those same games make on PS5.

Sony doesn't even have the decency to use Denuvo.

Reactions: Puff

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I mean yeah, this forum has shown time and time again they hate PC users while actively contributing to the reason they hate PC users @Etifilio :)

I don't hate Sony at all, I don't like the way they're going about publishing their games, as do many others, but you can't sit here and blame it on Steam users for advocating the countries who got delisted to be relisted over Helldivers 2. Now the majority of people are wondering why if the Multiplayer mode is the only mode that requires a PSN account for Ghost of Tsushima, why did they delist the game in the countries that PSN doesn't support? Why not just block MP? You will never please everyone, if they did that I know there will be bad actors crying about "paying full price for half the game." In reality, what should be looked at is the reason they're buying it, be honest with me, who is buying Ghost of Tsushima SOLELY for the legends mode?

wow look at that! HD2 is delisted in Puerto Rico even though it's a PSN supported region?
you shouldn’t be receiving PlayStation games on PC at all, that’s the point, we are the ones funding these games, these 600k copies Sony’s singleplayer games sell on Steam are not even paying for the marketing budget

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
That's just a radical response. An extreme.

I'm still waiting on an explanation on how "we'll no longer be getting games like this (GOW,Horizon) because of this. That user still hasn't answered what "this" is, let alone explain to me the logic behind that answer.

Let's look at it this way. Wanna know why I'm not concerned about PC ports YET? Because PC ports so far haven't affected me as a console gamer. Not one bit.

I'll get concerned when it starts affecting me directly. If game quality starts getting worse because of PC ports. That hasn't happened yet and it's a fact. Sony is still releasing top quality products, unlike the majority of publishers these days.

And that's the reason I'm against day one releases. Port old games, I don't care. But if they straddle 1st party studios with a PC version for day one, that's when I'll get pissed. Because then my experience is directly affected. They can pull it off without issues but I doubt it.

And the biggest argument on this site is how PC releases are killing console sales. Let's look at it logically. If millions of people stopped buying consoles since they can get these games on PC, how come it's not reflected in PC game sales? Where did those millions go?

You'll bring up piracy as the reason. Most piracy happens in 3rd world countries where people can't afford these consoles. That's not a sale lost, they were never going to get a console. Most of these countries don't enforce piracy laws so it's free-for-all when it comes to downloading anything and everything. problem is, their rigs are also shit so they don't really run these games anywhere near well. So even if they could get a game, they can't run it.

And the last argument is 'Xbox is dead because of PC releases". Xbox started dying LONG before they even thought about PC releases. Xbox's decay started during the second half of the 360 generation. When they stopped supporting the console with great games and Sony just kept on trucking, releasing TLOU, a brand new IP, in the final year of their console's life cycle. A major risk.

Lack of games. That's what killed Xbox. Ask a random about Xbox and they'll tell you they can't remember the last time Xbox released anything console defining. GamePass just finished the brand off. Look at their last gen. Xbox sold almost 60 million units. 60 million for a console with no amazing games AND day one PC releases. The console market is huge. Now think what a console with actual great games can and will do.

I think, for now, the PC affect on console sales is largely overexaggerated. For now. I'll gladly change my opinion (I just hope I won't have to) if we see actual evidence to the contrary, instead of using the death of a brand that started dying long before PC releases, as evidence.
All of these points have already been addressed many times on this site, where have you been at?

Banana

10 Jan 2023
you shouldn’t be receiving PlayStation games on PC at all, that’s the point, we are the ones funding these games, these 600k copies Sony’s singleplayer games sell on Steam are not even paying for the marketing budget
Guess you guys aren't funding them enough lmao

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

I'm sorry but the decline in quality and quantity has been perceivable for a while now.

All their last releases were either filled with bugs or had some features missing.
It is may now and their last SP release was SM2 last summer, which also lacked the typical 1st party polish, missed NG+ on launch, although the previous entry had it.
Helldivers 2 was and is plagued with issues, especially at launch, where people who bought the game and paid for a subscription to play the game, looked at a countdown to get into the game only to get a crash and losing progress.

Yes, their games are still better than most of the other publishers, but it's not true we console gamers aren't being affected by their PC strategy.

We also have devs like Naughty Dog publicly stating how they will now keep PC in mind during design, which means they will have to make sure that their games run on potato machines. We have all been mocking the Series S for the same reason, now we are being limited in the same manner.

If they allow trophies on PC, you know they will be hacked. There are already hacked trophies due to hacked PSVita, PS3 and PS4 consoles, but the percentage of people willing to hack their consoles AND their trophies is significantly lower than the amount of people who will hack just for the sake of it on PC. And after what happened recently with the PSN issues, I can see someone "passionate" to script something to create fake accounts amd hack the trophies.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm sorry but the decline in quality and quantity has been perceivable for a while now.

All their last releases were either filled with bugs or had some features missing.
It is may now and their last SP release was SM2 last summer, which also lacked the typical 1st party polish, missed NG+ on launch, although the previous entry had it.
Helldivers 2 was and is plagued with issues, especially at launch, where people who bought the game and paid for a subscription to play the game, looked at a countdown to get into the game only to get a crash and losing progress.

Yes, their games are still better than most of the other publishers, but it's not true we console gamers aren't being affected by their PC strategy.

We also have devs like Naughty Dog publicly stating how they will now keep PC in mind during design, which means they will have to make sure that their games run on potato machines. We have all been mocking the Series S for the same reason, now we are being limited in the same manner.

If they allow trophies on PC, you know they will be hacked. There are already hacked trophies due to hacked PSVita, PS3 and PS4 consoles, but the percentage of people willing to hack their consoles AND their trophies is significantly lower than the amount of people who will hack just for the sake of it on PC. And after what happened recently with the PSN issues, I can see someone "passionate" to script something to create fake accounts amd hack the trophies.
wasn't Helldivers 2 plague with issues? i seen up to a month it had problems. Satoru always complained about server issues, progress issues etc.

even whole this debacle with Steam and PSN Link is because Server Issues...

also, i played Horizon FW day 1 and it wasn't as polished as HZD, far from it. the whole Performance mode was fucked up where people dropped it entirely.

Reactions: arvfab

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Why should people be forced to break terms of service for PlayStation whenever PlayStation could just offer pseudo support for those regions in that very menu. Quit demanding less from them.
Its impossible for Sony to support every single country as they also sell hardware. It is also unreasonable to expect a company to support a region where their products dont make money.

Millions of people have been doing it for decades with no issues. People dont actually give a shit about the TOS so you can stop pretending they do. 99.9% of people dont read TOS before agreeing