PSN account required for Ghost of Tushima Legends on PC (only mp). |UP| on Steam will be unavailable in countries without PSN.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yep. I bought all souls games and couldn't care less about online for example. And from what I understand, ghosts doesn't have online elements in it's single player campaign. Unless Sony is planning all their future single player games to be always online on PC?
In future all Sony games on PC will probably require PS Account liking... including single-player one.
It is the first step for a PlayStation Ecosystem on PC.
The second is have it own launcher.

These vocal Steam user took the point Sony didn't have a PS Account in all regions to make buzz.

Sony took their complain to heart and removed the option to people from these regions without support to play the games.
Now Sony can make all games have PS Account requirement without these Steam users says a things about lol
Because now only the countries with PS Account can buy the game... "problem" solved.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PC players save by not buying a PS5.
Then they save again by not buying the games.
Yet Sony still somehow make these ports and catering to PC players demands their highest priority because they are complete fools.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't think Sony should waste time with mobile games either. Successful mobile games are the complete opposite of successful PlayStation games, it's not worth compromising your vision just to make a few extra bucks. 100% focus should be on the console and VR. Things like PC, cloud, and mobile sound good in theory, but are just a pipe dream, there's no such thing as infinite growth.

The mobile games big in Japan are gacha junk, I'd rather not see Sony go down that road.
Id rather they chase mobile game money than PC market. They have a separate division for that.

Sony just needs to drop this PC crap

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The more pain in the ass it becomes for sony to release games on PC the better.

This will probably cause a jump in piracy in those countries for those games.

It's what sony deserves.
it was already a case for Playstation games. some cases, pirated number was higher than sold.

just that, minority Playstation haters screwed everyone else. how i said before, these bozos are Karens of real world.

they should rename Steam to Karen Enterprise.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Makes sense to don't sell it in the countries where people don't have a PSN store to use its multiplayer.

But after this, I think Sony should open a PSN store for these other countries, to add an option of "other" in the form or figure out a way to let them create an accont and buy the games without needing to use other countries.

This is not a good look for PS.
A game not selling in so many countries and no denuvo? this a recipe for disaster.
Sony just needs to drop this PC crap

With PC they are growing their brand, usebase, revenue, profit and console KPIs. Not the opposite.

In a few days they'll post another fiscal report showing great growth for the quarter and fiscal year both in console and PC. A growth that will continue in the current quarter/fiscal year.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But after this, I think Sony should open a PSN store for these other countries, to add an option of "other" in the form or figure out a way to let them create an accont and buy the games without needing to use other countries.
Yep. Im surprised they they have so many countries without it.

How many countries does Xbox and Steam allow there stores but Playstation doesnt?

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
All their multiplayer games will require a PSN account, even Helldivers 2 eventually.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yep. Im surprised they they have so many countries without it.

How many countries does Xbox and Steam allow there stores but Playstation doesnt?
  • Steam: I'd say all countries except Cuba, Iran, Siria, North Korea, Russia (due to US bans), in case of China is available with an alternative store
  • Xbox games store (both PC and console): 86 countries (all the countries available in the list of the left of the linked website except China)
  • PSN: 74 countries (the total number of PSN stores is way higher than this number because several countries have multiple PSN stores, one for each one of their languages)
As I remember in case of Game Pass, the list is smaller than the PSN one. And particularly their Xbox cloud gaming the list is even smaller.

I assume the reason of PSN and XBL not having global support is that their digital stores are tied to where they officially sell console sales and physical games, and these sales are focused on a few dozen countries (in fact most sales are made in around half a dozen countries), and shipping physical consoles and games to a country require way more complex legal paperwork etc. than a digital only store.

As an example, my country is normally around top 10/top 11 in gaming revenue or PS revenue, and the top 4 or top 5 in EU. But revenue made in my country normally is under 2% of global gaming revenue, or the revenue generated by mobile games, console games and PC games. If this percentage is for a top 10/11 country, imagine the percentage of a top 70, 80 or 100 country.

Regarding Steam, this graph shows their downloads per country (brighter = more data downloaded):
image.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The sooner they stop spending money on ports that no one buys, the better.
Bullshit. This recent fiscal year alone they should have generated around half a billion on PC, and every year keep growing more their PC revenue, with a great multiyear growth.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Time to buy From Soft and require PSN sign in for all their games....

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is not a good look for PS.
Actually not good look for the Steam gamers outside the PSN supported countries.
Before that everybody could play with their own PSN accounts... now you can't anymore because Steam won't even sell the game to you.

That is what the big "democratic movement" in the weekend did.
Ohhhh and I saw people here in Iconera saying exactly that... they are on spot.

Reactions: arvfab and Entropi

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Bullshit. This recent fiscal year alone they should have generated around half a billion on PC, and every year keep growing more their PC revenue, with a great multiyear growth.
We will have the earnings next week and the briefing the next one.
I doubt PC revenue reached half million dollar.

The next FY that started in April should be better.