Sony FY2023 Earnings Announcement: 4.5M PS5 sold in Q4 (20.8M in FY2023, 59.2M LTD). Allocating 11.5 billion in future acquisitions.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
It's seriously not that bad.

Santamonica released God of War: Ragnarök at the end of 2022, Horizon Forbidden West / Burning Shores DLC, Horizon call of the mountain came our recently.

Gran Turismo 7 incredible game, Rachet and Clank Rift Apart, Spiderman Miles Morales, Spiderman 2, Demon Souls remake, Returnal.

So Santamonica has released a huge franchise title, and is already looking for another, Guerilla has helped with tons of original content, including likely helping improve the Decima engine for DS2.

Bluepoint has released a game and helped with Ragnorok, Bend released a game just before the Ps5 gen started, Same for sucker punch.

Housemarque is already released a game, SP, BP, Bend, and Housemarque will release another one.

Combining it with so many exclusives from third party and second party.

Games wise this generation is more than incredible, i mean atleast more than the Ps4 generation imo.

All of these 1st party games will get a 2nd life with PS5 Pro.

Reactions: TigerFang

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Gran Turismo 7 incredible game, Rachet and Clank Rift Apart, Spiderman Miles Morales, Spiderman 2, Demon Souls remake, Returnal.

3 of those are from insomniac alone, like i said they have been carrying the ps5 this gen while the others are sitting around dick in hand

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
DS2 and Ghost 2 for 2025

Wolverine and probably somethign else major is set for 2026
DS2, GOT 2, Marathon, Venom Game, Horizon online/Lego Horizon (if Lego Horizon isn’t for 2024 also if it’s not just a Lego set) Fairgames, GOW Atreus/GOW 1 Remake, Bluepoint & Bend Studio new ip also the new acquired studios like Firesprite horror game etc busy year for PS going forward ahead after 2024

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
DS2, GOT 2, Marathon, Venom Game, Horizon online/Lego Horizon (if Lego Horizon isn’t for 2024 also if it’s not just a Lego set) Fairgames, GOW Atreus/GOW 1 Remake, Bluepoint & Bend Studio new ip also the new acquired studios like Firesprite horror game etc busy year for PS going forward ahead after 2024

My brother in Christ, none of these games besides DS2 are even confirmed for 2025

• haha
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
yeh lol its crazy

this is only this fiscal year

but its nuts that it takes so fucking long to make anything now
Reason why Sony should follow Nintendo smaller game honestly PS can have some AAA but I rather get smaller scope games if it means I get a buttload of them per year. Or Sony needs to buy/partner with a publisher to make smaller games using PlayStation ip like Devolver or Level 5 that take 2-3 years & sell them for $40-$50

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony has major first party releases every year. As an example this year they have Helldivers 2, Destiny 2 The Final Shape and Concord. And who knows if Cory's new IP and Death Stranding 2 too.

In addition to this they'll have plenty of secondary stuff like Stellar Blade, Until Dawn remake, Convallaria or Lost Soul Aside. And who knows if the new Team Asobi game.

I think they expect that Helldivers 2, Concord and Destiny 2 The Final Shape will be their top grossing games of the fiscal year.

In addition to extra help from PC and Helldivers 2, they fired around 1000 people, cancelled some games and shut down London Studio. Plus I assume they did additional cost cuts where possible.
dear, the major first party titles i'm reffering to are God Of War, Spiderman, The Last Of Us, titles that sell 20M+ units lifetime, tho Helldivers 2 sold very well, it's not from a first party studio, Sony themselfs said they won't have major releases til March 2025

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I dont see Capcom slowling down
Or Ubisoft
Or Activision
Or insomniac
Or Sega

Stop making excuses for these playstation studios just because you are a fanboy

You are misunderstanding my angle here because you lack some context.
Here are two quotes from the Square-Enix thread from this user:

Square and Sony thinking releasing this shit on PC will help them gain profits??

No the only reason Sega and Capcom are doing this well is because they can churn out cheap Remakes of old games year on year or cookie cutter sequels with no change to them

the PC initiative is a fallacy for lower quality monotonised games

they are perfectly acceptable but people would not be happy if Sony was the one making them and pushing them out year on year

its a cheap easy way of making profit and revenue without spending money on budget

Square cannot do this unless they want to realise Pixel Remasters or HD remasters every year constantly

Capcom and Sega are what the Gaming Industry will be like for the next 5 years

glorified ports and remasters

we won't get games like the LOU2 or GOW again

You're seeing formulaic products from Capcom/SEGA/Ubisoft/ATVI/etc... as a positive(they absolutely are massive a net sales positive, of this there is no doubt) and this man here is bemoaning the fact that the industry is shipping the same games because that's the only way to keep any sort of real release cadence alive.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Reason why Sony should follow Nintendo smaller game honestly PS can have some AAA but I rather get smaller scope games if it means I get a buttload of them per year. Or Sony needs to buy/partner with a publisher to make smaller games using PlayStation ip like Devolver or Level 5 that take 2-3 years & sell them for $40-$50

they need to do what Nintendo does and outsource these smaller titles with XDEV for other dev teams to make to supplement their own Studios games. Like how Nintendo gets random Devs to make Princess Peach games, Mario remakes and remasters etc

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
You're seeing formulaic products from Capcom/SEGA/Ubisoft/ATVI/etc... as a positive(they absolutely are a net sales positive, of this there is no doubt) and this man here is bemoaning the fact that the industry is shipping the same games because that's the only way to keep any sort of real release cadence alive.

I would much rather have formulaic products over only one game a generation

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Box I couldn't give a shit if all the studios are constantly pumping out games.

I understand that ghost of tsushima was made just at the end of the ps4 generation, or if Days Gone was made in 2019.

The thing is if that there are great games releasing on PlayStation wether its Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin.

Or even older titles from Ps5 gen like Returnal or Demon Souls which I have left to complete, then I will be happy.

As a consumer these are things I care about.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I would much rather have formulaic products over only one game a generation

Some folks would probably disagree, and ultimately there's nothing wrong with both perspective.
The best option with be more than one a generation and not formulaic, but that doesn't seem to be a reality for almost anyone.

Reactions: TigerFang

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
link? kinda curious if he's getting any pushback because he's spitting