Sony reverses position & will no longer require PSN account linking for Helldivers 2. Must take the right lessons from this fiasco.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Damn, Totoki had It all planned. Obligatory PSN linking just before the shareholder meetings, so he could flex the MAU numbers skyrocketing lmao

Sony aint stabbing their console, just to leave It all on the table.
The PSN linking will still be obligatory in the future, they will get it their way.
Slowly, step by step, first give some capes for linking (they will give the preorder bonuses), then lock some features of the game like crossplay, behind the linking, and when PSN is ready all around the globe (we know that Sony is expanding into Africa anyways), then they will one day just make it obligatory and people will be so used to it, that they will not care.
Yuh the only reason why I can see Sony bending the knee now is PSN wasn’t ready to be pushed globally so they’ll do it in the future & tie crossplay to it. (Isn’t that how crossplay works for fortnite) but wouldn’t that contradict the friend list system in HD2

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Damn, Totoki had It all planned. Obligatory PSN linking just before the shareholder meetings, so he could flex the MAU numbers skyrocketing lmao

Sony aint stabbing their console, just to leave It all on the table.
The PSN linking will still be obligatory in the future, they will get it their way.
Slowly, step by step, first give some capes for linking (they will give the preorder bonuses), then lock some features of the game like crossplay, behind the linking, and when PSN is ready all around the globe (we know that Sony is expanding into Africa anyways), then they will one day just make it obligatory and people will be so used to it, that they will not care.

Do you want PC gamers to get into PSN with no outage:

- Clear communication and rules in advance.

- Update your online infrastructure to accommodate for more regions

- Sweeten the deal with the carrot that PC gamers want the most since 2015.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Steam users when they realize they need to connect Ghost of Tsushima to a PSN account to get that overlay and them trophies they did victory laps about:
perfect loops smash GIF

24 Jun 2022
They aren't CuckStation because they reversed the decision. Let me make that part clear.

They are CuckStation because of how they reversed the decision. There was no backbone to this decision. It has a tinge of desperation and fear, driven by an outrage mob of online users most of whom are in countries where PSN is available.

The tonal whiplash of going from a decision of pure greed & arrogance to one of complete meekness & desperation in the span of 48 hours, at the stroke of midnight no less, is pathetic. This is unbecoming of what's supposed to be a market-leading platform holder in the gaming space.

This is a sign of brand leadership in decay. That much I'm certain of now. The question going forward is: will SIE get their senses and strength back? I don't know and as time goes on, the less and less I care.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
They should have delayed the enforcement for current users (as if 1 month wouldn't be enough...), just to appease the whining babies, but kept the requirement for new users starting today, as the game was already pulled from the affected regions.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Neversummer

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Now Sony knows they are not welcomed on PC and they need to get the fuck out of there ASAP. Value your own platform and your customers first. Fuck these leeches.

Start by cancelling Ghost of Tsushima PC 💙

Garbage decision, these fuckers gave into terrorists. Now the smug dipshits of pc culture will feel vindicated. Good luck chasing fool's gold catering to steam players
There was no winning at this point. The lies, FUD and hate being spread was unprecedented. All the biggest accounts in gaming were signal boosting the outrage.

This will go down as the biggest and most fake manufactured outrage in history. They will still talk about this in 5 years. The Sony tax is real.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So does every other publisher get away with this EXCEPT Sony?

Doesn’t this technically mean outrage for every multiplayer game forward? I’m just interested in the precedent this sets. I really think the internet chose the wrong battle here tbh.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So does every other publisher get away with this EXCEPT Sony?

Doesn’t this technically mean outrage for every multiplayer game forward? I’m just interested in the precedent this sets. I really think the internet chose the wrong battle here tbh.
Yes, this is just about Sony. You will never hear any whining like this ever again. Like you never did before last week.

There won't be any consequences for any other publisher. It will be business as usual for everyone else.

And all the TOS talk? That too. Nobody will read a fucking TOS before signing up for an account 🤣

Steam are the new xbots (they all moved there). They hate Sony with a passion.

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
Now Sony knows they are not welcomed on PC and they need to get the fuck out of there ASAP. Value your own platform and your customers first. Fuck these leeches.

There was no winning at this point. The lies, FUD and hate being spread was unprecedented. All the biggest accounts in gaming were signal boosting the outrage.

This will go down as the biggest and most fake manufactured outrage in history. They will still talk about this in 5 years. The Sony tax is real.
They are all in. But how they will handle the pc plan will be interesting.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They should have delayed the enforcement for current users (as if 1 month wouldn't be enough...), just to appease the whining babies, but kept the requirement for new users starting today, as the game was already pulled from the affected regions.
Sony said they “had future plans for PC players” so clearly these requirements will be force in the future

My question is how tf do you force it in the future after bending the knee & now actually pulling a bait & switch

My guess is they’ll do it before 1 year & wait till concord & horizon online (atleast 1 is release) within the first 2-3 month of 2025 likely before February (the 1 year anniversary for Helldivers 2) & likely force it in the future when the devs add more content & tie it to a major season content update

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
They aren't CuckStation because they reversed the decision. Let me make that part clear.

They are CuckStation because of how they reversed the decision. There was no backbone to this decision. It has a tinge of desperation and fear, driven by an outrage mob of online users most of whom are in countries where PSN is available.

The tonal whiplash of going from a decision of pure greed & arrogance to one of complete meekness & desperation in the span of 48 hours, at the stroke of midnight no less, is pathetic. This is unbecoming of what's supposed to be a market-leading platform holder in the gaming space.

This is a sign of brand leadership in decay. That much I'm certain of now. The question going forward is: will SIE get their senses and strength back? I don't know and as time goes on, the less and less I care.
If their leadership had a spine and a brain, they wouldn't be porting all their games to PC to begin with.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Now make online free on consoles…

Damn pcmr. At least change reviews back

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024

Money talks. If HD2 had sold badly on pc Sony wouldn't care about a loud minority review bombing the game. But the game sold well there, Sony made a boatload of money and pc zealots realized that they have leverage over the company. Just you wait, now that they smelled blood they will do this again and again until they get everything they want.

Sony constantly caters to them because they take us for granted. Playstation fans are always respectful to the company and developers and we get the short end of the stick while others behave like assholes and get rewarded for it.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Sony said they “had future plans for PC players” so clearly these requirements will be force in the future

My question is how tf do you force it in the future after bending the knee & now actually pulling a bait & switch

My guess is they’ll do it before 1 year & wait till concord & horizon is release within the first 3 month of 2025 likely before February (the 1 year anniversary for Helldivers 2) & likely force it in the future when the devs add more content & tie it to a major season content update
I would absolutely do petty shit like only pushing updates and bug fixes for Playstation. Also the biggest lesson out of this all is for Sony to never work with arrowhead again. Let Phil Spencer have these amateur swedes, they have done nothing but bite that hand that fed them.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If their leadership had a spine and a brain, they wouldn't be porting all their games to PC to begin with.
Bruh if I was the CEO of PS & dealt with this fake bs PC fiasco (which harmed the PS brand by interacting w PC) I would’ve refunded all GOT PC purchases & delisted the game & turn Nixxes to a Bluepoint 2.0 solely working on PS console games & making remaster/remakes & smaller AA platformer games like a Ape Escape/Ratchet & Clank Mario like platformer or a rogue like Rachet & Clank/Demon Souls rogue like that’s sold for $50 & takes 2-3 years focused more on fun creative gameplay less on story, animation, open world etc

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony you cowards should just have proceeded with your decision. Oh lord, they fall on their knees to pleasure this PC incels. For what price? They embarrassed themselves and lost their honor. Holy shit we need a Gaming affine CEO more than ever. Someone who understands the Gaming-industry perfectly. Man Kiichiro Urata needs to become new PS CEO. Actually the only one I trust to turn the wheel.