Square Enix goes multiplatform, focus on quality then quantity

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
staring-meme.gif
This gif is funny asf. His expression is so puzzling in a funny way.

Heard if you look deep into his eyes you’ll see thousands of poor souls

• haha
Reactions: voke

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I see the tallies of multiplatform vs exclusives Square drops…

Yes on paper. But most of those games are low budget, low effort and most straight up junk like Babylon’s Fall. And all flops for the most part.

Their two premiere single player console games FF7-2 and FF16 were not multi.

So I interpret this as square literally dumping all those lesser efforts and only having premier releases and those being as multiplatform as possible. In a crazy world that means switch 2 could be base but I doubt it.

One or two games a year… Final Fantasy mainline, FF MMO, Dragon Quest and a handful of other stuff at best. Everything else? Goodbye.

Reactions: Luffy123

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Doesn't seem like it. Seems you'd rather post in threads and laugh emoji reaction :/
Takes less time than crying about PC ports all day tbh.
It's a 1:1 remake with very few changes (unlike FF7R) of a PS2 game. The other half of the game is sold as DLC 🤡

It's funny how you're all acting like it's the new hot shit. We played that 20 years ago 🤣

Even Persona 5 is from 2016. On PS3!
P5 came out in 2017 in the west.

Yes, I played P3 first on PSP years ago.

I also played P5 and P5R on PS4. Still have my collectors edition of P5R in fact.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
From Resetera:
"Nobody on this forum wants to hear it, myself probably included, but Square should use the Switch 2 as the lead development platform moving forward."

The PS5 is going to have close to an 80 million installed base head start by the time the switch 2 is on shelves. Even if FF17 was available on switch 2, xbox, and PC i guarantee over 80 percent of all the sales would still be on PS5.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
From Resetera:
"Nobody on this forum wants to hear it, myself probably included, but Square should use the Switch 2 as the lead development platform moving forward."

The PS5 is going to have close to an 80 million installed base head start by the time the switch 2 is on shelves. Even if FF17 was available on switch 2, xbox, and PC i guarantee over 80 percent of all the sales would still be on PS5.
Yes just ditch 4 console generations of FF fans on PS to appeal to hardcore forum fanboys who still resent square for moving to PS1. Nintendo stuggles to sell third party games, it is what it is. I dont think a handheld PS4 will change that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Even if FF17 was available on switch 2, xbox, and PC i guarantee over 80 percent of all the sales would still be on PS5.
I am always curious as to how much actual interest Nintendo fanboys have of Final Fantasy. I think if a Switch 2 port of FF16 and FF7 Remake happen it wouldn't shock me if those Switch ports doesn't outsell the PS5 versions. Sony having timed exclusivity for mainline Final Fantasy for a durable period of time has a created a long lasting mindshare where the PS of Final Fantasy titles would outsell other ports.

Reactions: Dabaus

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Since @ethomaz was abused and ridiculed by nutjob fanboys in denial…

Public apologies are expected.