Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I mean a continental store for countries that don't have their own store, until they have afterwards. Now I pay zero tax for games on the US store, but on the Omani store there is a 5% VAT.
how do you not pay tax on US account? i pay it all the time. maybe you didn't see it? here is a photo. you pay tax.

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
really? fuck. i manage to screw up then :( can i somehow change it? of course i don't want to pay tax :D

Don't know how a change works, I also couldn't tell you which one is tax free/lowest tax, as I'm not in the US and my US account was only for demos and free stuff which was not released/censored in Germany .

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
You do know that deranged purple-headed people say they don't direct anyone to harass people, but they should know their core audience is full of that type, everyone they "spotlight" on their page is subjected to the most insane, slur-filled vitriol you could ever witness, don't even get me started if their targets happen to be straight white men.
i'm a white guy, just not straight, i'm half n half. Anyways, we can agree to disagree on gender and sexuality politics.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Don't know how a change works, I also couldn't tell you which one is tax free/lowest tax, as I'm not in the US and my US account was only for demos and frew stuff which was not released/censored in Germany .
i made an NY :D i need then to change :D let see, what @Bo_Hazem is using.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of wanting to "fight publishers" as a community is suddenly not important anymore once the own interests aren't affected.

And this is a matter which affects PlayStation players, as the game unfortunately supports cross-play and even disabling it, doesn't ensure not having to deal with PC hackers and cheaters, ruining the game for "us".
Steam has anti-cheats in place. And if you still don't want to play with PC players, turn off cross-play, and if you can't, I would voice that to Sony, like people on Steam did.

You all keep saying "you guys didn't do this for other companies, so don't do it to us" as if that is an excuse for the horrible move by Sony.

Let's pretend Steam gamers are doing this only to you, they can tolerate every other company, except Sony (which isn't true but pretend it is). ok... so what? the shit Sony did was still not right. It does not matter what other companies did, thats a weak and pathetic defense. The point is what Sony did. The outrage is about what Sony did. Sony reverted it. That's it, please stop talking about other companies and their 3rd party accounts, people are free to have a problem with this one, and not that one. (And in reality, they are all hated, this one was blown up for many reasons, countries limits, the scummy nature of how it was done, people played just fine for months with no accounts, etc)

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
So, have all the tantrum throwers done the right thing now? Somehow I doubt it.
No, this is only the beginning. Some are saying they'll only remove their bad review if there's no more PSN requirement for future games. They don't want PSN on Steam at all, that's what it's always been about, not the virtue signaling of non supported countries, or breaking TOS, they just hate Sony. That's why it's so pathetic that Sony bent the knee, no foresight with them as always this generation.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Let's pretend Steam gamers are doing this only to you, they can tolerate every other company, except Sony (which isn't true but pretend it is). ok... so what?

Then I hope Sony listens and watches, so that they reconsiders releasing games on PC in the future, if this is how they are treated.

Oh and please don't say "you" when you are talking about Sony with me. I'm not Sony, nor a Sony employee.

That's it, please stop talking about other companies and their 3rd party accounts, people are free to have a problem with this one, and not that one.

Like people are okay having an issue with this and not others, people should also be ok to be called hypocrites when they talk about their selective "willpower".

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
No, this is only the beginning. Some are saying they'll only remove their bad review if there's no more PSN requirement for future games. They don't want PSN on Steam at all, that's what it's always been about, not the virtue signaling of non supported countries, or breaking TOS, they just hate Sony. That's why it's so pathetic that Sony bent the knee, no foresight with them as always this generation.
Tough luck, that's not happening.

I was in support of this because of how messed up the entire situation was but Sony should definitely implement the requirement in future game. If every other company does it, so should Sony.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Tough luck, that's not happening.

I was in support of this because of how messed up the entire situation was but Sony should definitely implement the requirement in future game. If every other company does it, so should Sony.
Which is exactly why they should've never walked back on it. Every other company does it, all Sony should've done is provide a solution for those impacted (just 1% of the mob).

Now these guys are emboldened and saw they could get away with it once so good luck trying to implement it in future games.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Wow steamlickers wasted no time prying the title of 'most toxic fanbase' from Xbot's cold, dead hands. What vermin. What filth.
I know you have me on ignore because you're a seething, thin skinned soyboy. Your hate for PC is a constant source of entertainment.

Reactions: Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I know you have me on ignore because you're a seething, thin skinned soyboy. Your hate for PC is a constant source of entertainment.
I have been on this website for like, 2 weeks? or 1. Already 2 people have me on their ignore list 🤣

those people sure don't want hear any opposing views.

• Shake
Reactions: xollowsob

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Then I hope Sony listens and watches, so that they reconsiders releasing games on PC in the future, if this is how they are treated.

Oh and please don't say "you" when you are talking about Sony with me. I'm not Sony, nor a Sony employee.

Like people are okay having an issue with this and not others, people should also be ok to be called hypocrites when they talk about their selective "willpower".
the "you" in my sentence was directed at Sony, not you.

As for the hypocrisy of the situation:
You would be right if any company that has its services officially available in 70 countries only goes on to sell its game worldwide and then asks for accounts from everyone in the world.
You would be right if any of those other companies let people play ball for 3 months hands-free and then decide to start enforcing rules on a random weekend.
You would be right if any of those other companies secretly edited their FAQ on their official website to sucker-punch their paying users into believing that some things were always like that.

Til those conditions are met, it's not hypocrisy. It's a trash business behavior from Sony that met its rightfully deserved criticism.

All in all, it's just sad for AH, but again they knew and said or did nothing 6 months in advance. Oh well now.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You would be right if any company that has its services officially available in 70 countries only goes on to sell its game worldwide and then asks for accounts from everyone in the world.
Which they corrected once they noticed.

You would be right if any of those other companies let people play ball for 3 months hands-free and then decide to start enforcing rules on a random weekend.

Any weekend/other day would have been random. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They also only ANNOUNCED the change, giving 1 month time to adapt for those already playing the game, while new players would have been well aware before being affected starting today.

You would be right if any of those other companies secretly edited their FAQ on their official website to sucker-punch their paying users into believing that some things were always like that.

Secretly? Do you keep track for all the changes FAQs are affected to or do companies inform you when they change them? We are not talking about changes to ToS, EULA etc. where people need to be made aware of if changed.

Do you know what FAQ stands for?
Frequently Asked Questions. What are they supposed to do, if the answer to any of those questions changes?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm sorry, but Xbox hasn't been competition since mid-360 era. They are actually to blame for paid online and other shitty practices, which their fanbase took without hesitation, giving Sony (and later Nintendo) the idea and possibility to do the same.

The PC and GaaS initiative is another page they copied from the failed Xbox strategy, and will lead them in the same position long-term.

Their is still healthy and actually "good" competition, Nintendo, but somehow people seem to think they aren't relevant....

They aren't relevant. Because they got out of the power game. You miss a lot of modern games with a Nintendo console. Hell the most sold game of all time GTA V STILL cant be played there.

No one in the western world at least uses a Nintendo console as their main gaming platform.

With Xbox out, Sony would have no competition on the home console market. And even if Xbox introduced paid online, PS fans are to blame for having it in their ecosystem. Microsoft didn't introduce paid online on Playstation

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
No one in the western world at least uses a Nintendo console as their main gaming platform.

At the moment. We don't know what happens next-gen. Maybe Sony goes the hybrid way, too? Many think (not me), that would be a wise choice.

And with how Sony is dropping the ball with the quality and quantity of their single-player games because of their PC and GaaS push, a non-high-end Nintendo console might still be more appealing.

Also, PC still is competition, especially with more and more Steamdeck-like devices.

fans are to blame for having it in their ecosystem

Oh for sure, the problem is, many "fans" during PS4 times switched from the 360 and were already used to it. But that's no excuse, people should have gotten loud back then.