Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Update 5/6

PlayStation has reversed course on the Helldivers 2 PSN account requirement, walking back the unpopular policy after a weekend long backlash that included tens of thousands of negative reviews, some of which spread to Sony's other Steam games.

As a result, players have began to mobilize to reverse the negative reviews of the game:

ladies-gentlemen-and-super-citizens-one-and-all-a-new-major-v0-kp0kxcxxhqyc1.png

Ethomoz and counter arguments..

Hello.

I tried to sum up in the title.
I’m confused why some “gamers” tries at all cost to make narratives over something that is not a issue at?

I really can’t understand these weirdo.

Let’t out some faces here:
  • Helldivers 2 Steam page says PSN Account is required since December 1, 2023.
  • The game launched in February 8, 2024 with PSN Account requirement.
  • It was removed because the developer was having login issues across all players and to understand and isolate the issue they disabled the PSN Account login.
  • After they fixed the login issues and make sure the PSN Account login was not related to it they choose to re-enable it requirement.
  • The reason is simple… with PSN account requirement they have more power to deal cheaters and harassment without need to pass the slow process existent in Steam… they can just to what needs without deal with Steam and tickets there because they can do directly internally being way more effective with deal with shit gamers (cheaters, harassers, etc) making a better community to all gamers.
  • Plus all major big publishers on Steam requires 3rd-party account for several years already… so T is a common practice.
After understand these points you can draw some weird vocal social “people” doing everything to make it an issue that doesn’t exists.

I wonder what the reason behind that? And I really can’t find any other reason except the already dated and incomprehensible “Evil Sony hate”.

Bonus side.

Even with a increase in bad reviewers in Steam the CCU is unaffected… in fact it seems to even be growing.

Feels like the same weird “issues” some people tried to create over Hogwats Legacy… so we all know how it ended.

Actual Helldivers 2 players seems to had not even read about these made up “issues” at all and continue to enjoy the game.

Why these hates can do the same? I mean… be happy enjoy the game… it is really a great game.

Why PlayStation having great games huts so much some vocal people on social media?​

Last edited by a moderator:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
good, fuck those entitled ass bitches. maybe we'll get less weaksauce dudes who die 12 times per dive when all the crybabies get weeded out.

also this has been a requirement since launch, they even have a splash screen telling you you have to do it

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
"Deserved" he says, while he has a game that requires an Xbox account on his Steam profile....🤡

image.png
With 2.7 hours of gameplay time, at a time where I didn't have to link anything to anything. You got me there, genius.