Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Review & |OT| "A musclehead..[Harley] A nutjob.. [King Shark] Something that offends my EYES.. & a Homeless"

What do you think it will score?

• Bomba below 60

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 60-70

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 71-80

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 81-90

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 91-100

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reactions: John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
960x0.png

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has launched Episode 2 of its first season which, as you might expect, has not exactly burned the barn down in terms of playercount. Steam puts the player peak for the episode release at just 559 players, and it’s down to peaking under 500 even on the weekend here. Its Joker release got up to 3,000 players, albeit that was still just about 20% of its launch numbers. Now, the game has announced it will be stopping its weekly developer updates.

If you’re a Destiny player, this would be the equivalent of that game’s “This Week at Bungie” articles which detail current and upcoming events in the game, often in great detail. While Suicide Squad has had these running essentially since launch, they’re winding them down:

“Now that both Episodes for Season 1 are in your hands, our developer updates will change from being weekly to releasing them when we have big news to share about future content. We hope this will make the release of each new update an exciting event, while keeping you all up to date on all the happening with the game!”

Outside of the playercount issues, you can see things already slipping in terms of the live timeline. Episode 1 came out a little late and Episode 2, supposedly out eight weeks after that, was delayed as well. Now, we’re supposed to be getting season 2 three months after The Joker launched, but that’s not confirmed and we don’t have a date for it. Now, we won’t have weekly updates about any aspect of the game until…when, exactly? No idea. But it’s clear there’s just not much to talk about with the current state of the game, and this has sent a message to players that they might be walking away altogether soon.

via Forbes

Last edited:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
This looks like the first step, will Sony and others be looking nervously at this? I hope they are considering the downsides to the massive GAAS push more...
Warner Bros. did use the Batman licence after Arkham Knight to release two games where you not only didn't play as Batman, he fucking died. You'd think the reception of Gotham Knights would have course corrected Kill the Justice League. Instead Gotham Knights is getting belated flowers because KTJL is so reviled.

I'm hoping that Sony learned from Destruction Allstars with character design. Apart from Captain Box, they were not well received. Also is an Overwatch clone with Destiny elements what GaaS players want? I don't know. I hate GaaS but I enjoyed Helldivers 2 but I think that was more a Starship Troopers love that eased me in.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Game launched dead.
No improvement in activity over the months.

Not sure what people expect.

The best outcome is the publisher is to cease it.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Warner Bros. did use the Batman licence after Arkham Knight to release two games where you not only didn't play as Batman, he fucking died. You'd think the reception of Gotham Knights would have course corrected Kill the Justice League. Instead Gotham Knights is getting belated flowers because KTJL is so reviled.

I'm hoping that Sony learned from Destruction Allstars with character design. Apart from Captain Box, they were not well received. Also is an Overwatch clone with Destiny elements what GaaS players want? I don't know. I hate GaaS but I enjoyed Helldivers 2 but I think that was more a Starship Troopers love that eased me in.

Exactly and those games are still around and very active, so to pull people away from them, they really needed a strong hook and I just don't think "GOTG from Temu" is what will reel people in...

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Rocksteady wasted 8 years on this lmao

The Arkham trilogy games came out in a 7 year span….

Sad to see one of the (former) best studios devolve like this