Tom Henderson: Assassin's Creed Shadows pre-orders are looking very strong. I don't have the exact numbers yet, but no one in the know is disappointed

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I mean it's Assassin's Creed.
If you've played Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, you know what to expect from this game.
It's going to be relatively more of the same.

Just looking at the PS5 pre-orders on PSN for Canada(where I am):

Best Selling:
#1 AC Shadows Ultimate
#2 Destiny 2 Final Shape + Annual Pass
#3 Elden Ring Expansion
#4 Elden Ring Base + Expansion Bundle
#5 AC Shadows Base Edition
#6 AC Shadows Gold Edition

What I don't know is if pre-orders on PSN are cumulative or not.

My guess is there are based on the fact that if you dont select any options ER and Destiny 2 are wayyy down the list on the pre-order lists at page #2 and page #3. That would make sense since pretty much everyone who pre-ordered early has already done so.

If I'm right(I'm almost certainly am) it would mean that the SKU of AC Shadows Ultimate has generated more revenue in 2 days of pre-orders than all any other SKU on PSN up for pre-order.
Which would be wild as shit.

US charts are different. Top 3 is Destiny final shape + annual pass, asscreed and Elden ring if not including bundke with base but you should. This might change daily.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Absolutely, I am now whole again.
Relaxing Happy Sunday GIF by HeimatkundeVerl.de

• Heart
Reactions: Darth Vader

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
US charts are different. Top 3 is Destiny, asscreed and Elden ring bundles of each followed by their base versions. This might change daily.

I see what you’re pointing out if not selecting any options but I’m not sure what that would even indicate.
Did you somehow miss the 2nd part of my post?
In the US store, by best selling things are pretty much the same minus Destiny 2 being in front of AC.

But if you don't select any options, where is Destiny 2 and ER?
Still on page 2 and 3 behind such illustrious titles like Earth Defense Force 6, Gori: Cuddle Carnage, Master Detective Rain Code etc.

Heck Destiny 2 is on page #3 behind Slime Rancher 2 and a smurfs game.

The only conclusion one can have is that best selling section for pre-orders is cumulative.
Anything else doesn't make sense.
Destiny 2 and ER have been pre-ordered a shit ton, but in the daily/weekly updated lists they're pretty down below compared to titles which are obviously much much smaller than they are.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Did you somehow miss the 2nd part of my post?
In the US store, by best selling things are pretty much the same minus Destiny 2 being in front of AC.

But if you don't select any options, where is Destiny 2 and ER?
Still on page 2 and 3 behind such illustrious titles like Earth Defense Force 6, Gori: Cuddle Carnage, Master Detective Rain Code etc.

Heck Destiny 2 is on page #3 behind Slime Rancher 2 and a smurfs game.

The only conclusion one can have is that best selling section for pre-orders is cumulative.
Anything else doesn't make sense.
Destiny 2 and ER have been pre-ordered a shit ton, but in the daily/weekly updated lists they're pretty down below compared to titles which are obviously much much smaller than they are.

The “no options” sort defaults to release date “new-old.” It’s not telling us what is being most actively pre-ordered for the day or week in such a breakdown. Would indicate when each game’s pre-orders went live on psn.

• Informative
Reactions: Evilnemesis8

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The “no options” sort defaults to release date “new-old.” It’s not telling us what is being most actively pre-ordered for the day or week in such a breakdown. Would indicate when each game’s pre-orders went live on psn.

Dangit you're right.

But yes, the list is updated daily for PSN but nobody knows the exact trailing period.
Best estimates are 7 days but it could be two weeks as well.
Destiny 2 and ER have been in the mix for much longer that it's hard to get a grasp on total numbers for all of them unless somebody would've kept track.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Interesting, I didn't see it on the PSN best sellers preorder list so this is a lie. Ubisoft paid him to say that lol

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Dangit you're right.

But yes, the list is updated daily for PSN but nobody knows the exact trailing period.
Best estimates are 7 days but it could be two weeks as well.
Destiny 2 and ER have been in the mix for much longer that it's hard to get a grasp on total numbers for all of them unless somebody would've kept track.

PSN charts are a case study for sure. I sorta think they’re weekly but who the f*** knows. Same goes for “top 10 in your country.”

Which… gotta give props to Sea of Thieves. It’s been charting in that top 10… good for the devs actually making some sales. I’m okay with the MS third party future.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
People forget just how huge assassins creed is 200 million total franchise sales with valhalla selling 20 million copies alone. It's definitely in the top ten best selling franchises of alltime.

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Booted up Odyssey recently to check out the 60fps patch. That game was tooo damn big. Lol. They need to trim the fat that has been plaguing the franchise since they've gone this open world RPG route. Too much quantity that don't result in a lot of quality with the sheer amount of content Ubi soft is putting in open world RPG Assassin's Creed.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Booted up Odyssey recently to check out the 60fps patch. That game was tooo damn big. Lol. They need to trim the fat that has been plaguing the franchise since they've gone this open world RPG route. Too much quantity that don't result in a lot of quality with the sheer amount of content Ubi soft is putting in open world RPG Assassin's Creed.
Odyssey and Valhalla even bigger. Valhalla especially and chore to play.

Try Mirage. Way smaller. Basim is agood character, best from Bayek.

Reactions: Say1nMan

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Awesome!! First new AC game in 4 years so this one is going to sell extremely well.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
No bird,no blocking,no icons on the map,new parkour system,fully changing weather,skill trees tied to weapons,two completely different protagonists with different playstyles,fully destructible environments and the ability to go fully prone.