What do you want to see from next generation consoles feature wise?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1715968596966.png

1715968619261.png
1715968665751.png

We've heard about possible next gen features in our consoles such as Machine Learning and advanced Ray Tracing features. Current gen brought us some great controllers with advanced haptics, better performance overall (most games have 60fps options),better VR, better Share play features, expanded remote play, etc..

What do you want to see or expect from next gen consoles feature wise?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I want to see some sort of built in VR so it can expand its reach and give everyone the ability to try it abd devs a reason to make VR games.

I also want Boosts in resolution, performance, etc for games to have a hardware level solution like PC where it can Brute force games to perform better and not necessarily have to be on the developer/software side of things. It may not be possible but Im just thinking out loud.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I hope they're hybrid handheld+docked consoles with powerful dGPUs in their docks. That way I can bring the full console experience with me everywhere, without its graphics looking like they came from a Nintendo console.

I also hope they switch from optical readers to NAND storage cards (cartridges), and for them not to even think about going online-only.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I hope they're hybrid handheld+docked consoles with powerful dGPUs in their docks. That way I can bring the full console experience with me everywhere, without its graphics looking like they came from a Nintendo console.

I also hope they switch from optical readers to NAND storage cards (cartridges), and for them not to even think about going online-only.
Thnks, good wants.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

I want it to be full stand alone console but it'd be dope if the controller was like a portable but not relying on remote play but a handheld on its own. If you get what I'm saying.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

I'd be happy with this design, looks close enough to PS5 devkit for PS6 to continue to lineage.

Disliking the PS5 pad shape, just throw as much of the same haptics/rumble tech into PS1-4 colored/shaped premium pads. Give us more choices.

Make another pad base attachment where sticks and back peddles come together. So you have a normal controller, but make back paddles more normalised, if a controller breaks, can more easily get replacement sticks kinda thing? The "top side" of pad is shoulder/face buttons, and screen? Of screen breaks more easier to replace just that part.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
For PS6:
  • Full BC with digital and physical PS1,2,3,4,5, PSP and Vita games (+ upcoming PC & mobile PSN store) featuring crossbuy, crossplay, crosssave across all of them
  • Detachable disc reader compatible with CD and DVD that also includes UMD reader and memory card reader for all the cards of previous PS, include extra USBs and PS1/PS2 pad connectors there
  • Full BC also for accesories: from PS2 Eyetoy to Guitar Hero instruments to PSVR1 & 2
  • That SDDR super well done to highly increase resolution, even of PS1 games, but also with frame generation, helping to reach 4K 240Hz
  • Latest tech for best in class ultra low latency for the gamepad, streaming, remote play, wifi in general
  • Huge step in RTGI and RT
  • Even faster and bigger SSD
  • It already is implemented in some way, but an AI companion to give orders to the console beyond launching games, like asking to enable something specific in the settings or something like that, show you movies of certain genre in Netflix or to give you a hint to how to solve something in the game where you are stuck

Reactions: Gamernyc78

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Physical Disks continue with full support + more people realize how great they are.

The future consoles and their respective account regions + software service regions are available in many countries.

The controllers do not have many issues with stick drift.

More competition for Nintendo as well as those handheld consoles being able to run AAA titles Day 1 at the very least, (and those handhelds being CPU and Memory competent so they dont hold games back.)

Sony has actually done great with the controller Haptics and Adaptive feedback, I applaud them. As well as the Extremely fast SSD which is expensive, and obviously the detachable disk drive.

And i applaud Microsoft and Sony for more accessible control options for people in special need, especially since you use the dual sense and the accessibility controller side by side.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
I want to see a ps6 launch cheaper than a ps5 and be able to price-drop further in 18 months to 2 years time to capture a wider audience far more quickly. I'm looking for something small, cheap and, while moderately powerful in a traditional, absolutely maxing out the potential of reconstruction, frame-generation and other techniques that help present games on screen way better without the power draw and expensive huge GPU. Full backwards compatibility through all generations. Disc drive as an add-on only day 1. Suspend/resume multiple games but actually have it work unlike xbox series that seems to be getting worse by the release.

Better controllers in terms of reliability and durability. I play *a lot* - I'm on my 5th DualSense and it took 3 current xbox pads to get one that was 99% reliable. No more drifty sticks like everything currently has and definitely no 3rd-party-bargainbin-junk-tier crappy button registering like the current xbox pad is plagued with (A Y hell). Acquire Scuf from Corsair if they have to for the patents to back button/paddle etc. and have it standard instead of shitting away a fortune in licensing.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I just want a good HD for once. I am not technically inclined enough to know the specifics of what I'd want otherwise.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1) Very fast loading from cold boot of (any system). I don't like to put my system on idle or sleep mode, so I think this would benefit folks like me.
2) The way Playstation still requires almost two reboots to patch the entire system. As soon as it is done downloading, it should unpack/install the firmware right away, THEN do 1 restart (or no restart needed if it's just a minor patch).
3) Keep all the basics in right out of the gate (Themes, Folders, External HDD/SSD support, External USB Flashdrive support, ability to dim controller light/system beep, etc.) Why are some of these features removed every beginning of the gen to get added later (or never)?
4) Keep the same disc drive, so it can read CDs, DVDs and Blurays (both single and double layer); find a single model that doesn't vibrate/rumble so much & faster read speed.
5) Continue to improve the UI, so it is as close to 1 millisecond as possible.
6) Fix the input lag from controllers + other peripherals, so that PC and PS fighting game enthusiasts stop complaining about it.
7) Make it very easy for developers to go back and update older games. I know PS did a good job, but some PS4 games (both Indie, B, AAA) are wonky on PS5, and they don't take advantage of the Dualsense, VRR, or (at the very minimum) SSD load times. I want this to be a non-issue when PS5 games are running on PS6.
Whoa Spooky love the time you took and response!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For PS6:
  • Full BC with digital and physical PS1,2,3,4,5, PSP and Vita games (+ upcoming PC & mobile PSN store) featuring crossbuy, crossplay, crosssave across all of them
  • Detachable disc reader compatible with CD and DVD that also includes UMD reader and memory card reader for all the cards of previous PS, include extra USBs and PS1/PS2 pad connectors there
  • Full BC also for accesories: from PS2 Eyetoy to Guitar Hero instruments to PSVR1 & 2
  • That SDDR super well done to highly increase resolution, even of PS1 games, but also with frame generation, helping to reach 4K 240Hz
  • Latest tech for best in class ultra low latency for the gamepad, streaming, remote play, wifi in general
  • Huge step in RTGI and RT
  • Even faster and bigger SSD
  • It already is implemented in some way, but an AI companion to give orders to the console beyond launching games, like asking to enable something specific in the settings or something like that, show you movies of certain genre in Netflix or to give you a hint to how to solve something in the game where you are stuck
Thnks for thorough response..

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I want to see a ps6 launch cheaper than a ps5 and be able to price-drop further in 18 months to 2 years time to capture a wider audience far more quickly. I'm looking for something small, cheap and, while moderately powerful in a traditional, absolutely maxing out the potential of reconstruction, frame-generation and other techniques that help present games on screen way better without the power draw and expensive huge GPU. Full backwards compatibility through all generations. Disc drive as an add-on only day 1. Suspend/resume multiple games but actually have it work unlike xbox series that seems to be getting worse by the release.

Better controllers in terms of reliability and durability. I play *a lot* - I'm on my 5th DualSense and it took 3 current xbox pads to get one that was 99% reliable. No more drifty sticks like everything currently has and definitely no 3rd-party-bargainbin-junk-tier crappy button registering like the current xbox pad is plagued with (A Y hell). Acquire Scuf from Corsair if they have to for the patents to back button/paddle etc. and have it standard instead of shitting away a fortune in licensing.
Sounds good!