What game or series has the best boss fights you've ever experienced?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Between God of War and Souls/Borne the scale included with the feeling of accomplishment is just unmatched for me. You usually know when you destroy one of the bosses a good item is not far behind to cause more destruction! I hated BOTW in tht sense, bosses or divines were mediocre and never felt like I accomplished anything or got anything truly worthwhile.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh FF 16 but idk those boss fights weren't tht serious to me.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
For me, it has got to be in From Software games. But picking one? that's a tough ask.

Not Helldivers 2?

Nah seriously I agree with From Software games along with Zelda games.

Gonna say Bloodborne and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

• brain
Reactions: Yuniac

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
God of War, Kingdom Hearts, FF16, Bayonetta, Returnal, Batman Arkham series, Yakuza series, Infinite Wealth in particular had a crazy boss battle that I couldn’t even believe was real.

Spider-Man 2, Venom vs Kraven, the fight itself wasn’t anything special but the end of the fight was wild.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I agree with your picks completely. Some standouts for me were the Orphan of Kos, Fume Knight, Burnt Ivory King, Artorias, Demon Prince - well, you get the picture! So many standout fights in the series and I love the sense of accomplishment when I succeed. God of War has so many incredible fights throughout the entire series too. I really liked the Valkyrie fights from GoW 2018. Each one had to be studied and provided an opportunity to put into practice all the skills I'd been learning. Sigrun was quite challenging and I was so happy when I beat her.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I agree with your picks completely. Some standouts for me were the Orphan of Kos, Fume Knight, Burnt Ivory King, Artorias, Demon Prince - well, you get the picture! So many standout fights in the series and I love the sense of accomplishment when I succeed. God of War has so many incredible fights throughout the entire series too. I really liked the Valkyrie fights from GoW 2018. Each one had to be studied and provided an opportunity to put into practice all the skills I'd been learning. Sigrun was quite challenging and I was so happy when I beat her.
We share the same tastes! They all were 🔥🔥 and so good!!

• Shake
Reactions: laynelane
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
God of War, Kingdom Hearts, FF16, Bayonetta, Returnal, Batman Arkham series, Yakuza series, Infinite Wealth in particular had a crazy boss battle that I couldn’t even believe was real.

Spider-Man 2, Venom vs Kraven, the fight itself wasn’t anything special but the end of the fight was wild.
Damn how did I forget Returnal. Some good boss fights lol I hated the cube at first though lol

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
When I fought the Valk queen in 2018 GOW, I hadn't before played a game that had such difficult bosses, it was new to me.

I tried then I gave up, so I decided to go and finish the game and be done with it.

At the end of the game, Kratos talks about Atreus of Sparta to his son and he says something like:
"He inspired us to hope... that though we were machines of war, yet there was humanity in us, Goodness. When the day came for him to lay down his life in battle, his sacrifice saved countless others, and turned the tide in our favor. I carried him home on his shield, and buried him with all the honors of Spartan custom. His memory was a comfort in dark times"

Hearing that made me emotional and inspired me so much that I decided I would not give up. I went back to the Valk queen and fought her for 8 hours straight till I finally defeated her.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
When I fought the Valk queen in 2018 GOW, I hadn't before played a game that had such difficult bosses, it was new to me.

I tried then I gave up, so I decided to go and finish the game and be done with it.

At the end of the game, Kratos talks about Atreus of Sparta to his son and he says something like:

Hearing that made me emotional and inspired me so much that I decided I would not give up. I went back to the Valk queen and fought her for 8 hours straight till I finally defeated her.
🤣💯👍

• haha
Reactions: Yuniac

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sekiro, glorious fights. Bloodborne, God of War series, NioH Series, Returnal spectacle. Lu Bu in Wo Long. Stellar Blade, FF16.

Reactions: Box and laynelane

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Sekiro, glorious fights. Bloodborne, God of War series, NioH Series, Returnal spectacle. Lu Bu in Wo Long. Stellar Blade, FF16.

I haven't played Nioh 2 yet, but the first game had some great boss fights. The settings, boss designs, music, and challenge were all amazing.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
One more fight I'd like to mention is the Hades fight from GoW3.

The environmental design is just amazing. It's always really stood out to me, things like the darkness being repeatedly lit up by Hades' weapon, the flames along the walls, etc. Just a great fight overall. Another thing about GoW3 is it's my favourite opening for a game ever - from the start right up until Kratos gets cast down into the underworld - that whole section. The Poseidon fight is a highlight too and the choice to go first person perspective at the end of it added a lot of weight. Like, if you weren't sure, it really lets you know what Kratos' perspective about the gods is.