2K to reveal the next iteration in one of 2K's biggest & most beloved franchises @SummerGameFest on Friday, June 7. |UP| Presumably Borderlands.

What sequel do you think it will be?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Will update on June 7th with info.

Update 5/17

The new game doesnt seem to be the one that will be revealed at 2024 Game Fest:

Currently, Gearbox has both a new Borderlands and "at least one exciting new intellectual property" in development. 2K Games plans to reveal the "next iteration in one of its biggest and most beloved franchises" at Summer Game Fest, which is set to take place on Friday, June 7. Fans speculate this game may be Borderlands 4.

via IGN

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It's either Mafia 4 or Bioshock 4, I voted Bioshock just because I like that franchise more.
Anyhow, it would seem that the SGF this year might have a decent amount of larger games.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Mafia, probably. There were rumors.
it isn't one of the biggest and most beloved franchise, Mafia 3 wasn't that good and came years ago. Bioshock also came years ago.

maybe it could be Bioshock, but i am leaning towards Borderlands 4 because it is really big game and a lot of people likes it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's either Mafia 4 or Bioshock 4, I voted Bioshock just because I like that franchise more.
Anyhow, it would seem that the SGF this year might have a decent amount of larger games.
It's going to be good! I'm excited.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Ive never played a mafia game smh.

I played and completed all three of them. They were all an 8.0/10 for me. Enjoyed Mafia III the most due to the story/characters and the soundtrack. But all three are really good. Recommend all of them. I do hope Mafia IV goes back to a more linear setup instead of the open world. Like, let me drive around to get to the missions but once there, it should be linear in my opinion.