Jeff Grubb: Dreadwolf scheduled for Late 2024 |UP| Dragon Age Dreadwolf alongside another AAA game is releasing in FY2025

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update 5/7

VGC and Jeff Grubb reports that Dragon Age Dreadwolf is releasing this fiscal year, EA has mentioned two unnanounced big titles that are coming this fiscal year:

(April 1st 2024 - March 31st 2025):

Update 3/1/24

Bioware to show Dragon Age Dreadwolf in summer and to launch later this year

No confirmation but internally they are confident.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's as if the entire established AAA publishing apparatus prior to PS5 completely forgot how to make videogames.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Oh boy, I can't wait for Dreadwolf to constantly lecture me about sexual freedom, gender transitions and women empowerment just like Inquisition did before it, because that's all I care about when I play a RPG set in an imaginary middle-earth world with magic and elves.

Also, please make sure all the romanceable companions available to straight male MCs are again as ugly and manly as you can possibly make them, Bioware. You surely wouldn't want my real-life beauty standards to be influenced by a videogame, so I really depend on game devs to temper my expectations.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Oh boy, I can't wait for Dreadwolf to constantly lecture me about sexual freedom, gender transitions and women empowerment just like Inquisition did before it, because that's all I care about when I play a RPG set in an imaginary middle-earth world with magic and elves.

Also, please make sure all the romanceable companions available to straight male MCs are again as ugly and manly as you can possibly make them, Bioware. You surely wouldn't want my real-life beauty standards to be influenced by a videogame, so I really depend on game devs to temper my expectations.

Dragon Age was always LGBTQ centric so i wouldnt be surprised if they went overboard for Dreadwolf.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
VGC and Jeff Grubb reports that Dragon Age Dreadwolf is releasing this fiscal year, EA has mentioned two unnanounced big titles that are coming this fiscal year:

(April 1st 2024 - March 31st 2025):

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yuniac
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Idk but I didn't really like the last Dragon Age so my expectations are tempered.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
DA1 nailed it.
DA2 was fun but empty and rushed
DA3 was entertaining but full of fluff and collecting.

While 1 hasn't come close to been topped by 2 or 3, I do like each for their own bits. Inquisition had a lot of love poured into the game, even if it missed the themes and tonality of DA1.

Here's to hoping they nail it with 4 because I believe they do have the talent to make an incredible game.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
DA1 nailed it.
DA2 was fun but empty and rushed
DA3 was entertaining but full of fluff and collecting.

While 1 hasn't come close to been topped by 2 or 3, I do like each for their own bits. Inquisition had a lot of love poured into the game, even if it missed the themes and tonality of DA1.

Here's to hoping they nail it with 4 because I believe they do have the talent to make an incredible game.
Tht last Dragon Age was the epitome of boring fetch quests. I hated it.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I don't know why we are supposed to get hyped for dragon age lol, only the original one is an all timer and sequels have been nothing but utter garbage. Also morrigan is hot and they should have kept her in the sequels but considering its 2024 we will probably get a troglodyte version of her now.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Tht last Dragon Age was the epitome of boring fetch quests. I hated it.
Yeah they went a bit OTT on fetch quests and massive areas, I suspect it's because they took a lot of flak with how small and rehashed DA2 was.

There was a lot of genuinely good content in DA3 though, the side quests, acting, voice lines and characters were all superb, even if some were sloppily written and the Qunari companion was all levels of wrong.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah they went a bit OTT on fetch quests and massive areas, I suspect it's because they took a lot of flak with how small and rehashed DA2 was.

There was a lot of genuinely good content in DA3 though, the side quests, acting, voice lines and characters were all superb, even if some were sloppily written and the Qunari companion was all levels of wrong.
I still have it around. I wonder how it'll look to my eyes if I revisit it.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: xollowsob