343 Industries is hiring for the future of the Halo Franchise, with some new open roles added

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
yeah, 343 is going to make a good halo this time

they finally got it figured out

who is they you ask? depends on the week
Good to be optimistic. I don't have as much faith as you but I'll be open minded

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Instead of hiring they should pull a Saber Interactive/Toys for Bob

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah this game needs a big reboot and new devs behind it. And alot of love and care.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Meh. I’m over just shitting on 343. They’re incapable clearly.

What should be more discouraging is that Microsoft was also quick to pull the plug on Infinite. They don’t care.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Moving away from slipspace to unreal may have been influenced by wanting to take it multiplatform and we have reports and rumors that Halo 6 will be.

To their credit. The 343 and any outside devs and studios working on the next Halo project… they kinda deserve a clean slate seeing how the 343 that made Infinite has been cycled out due to a number of circumstances…

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Hiring after significant layoffs... I don't understand this management style at all. Couldn't you just have at least the team let go work on some expansion packs or have another game be in early development to have them move on to so you could avoid this?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hiring after significant layoffs... I don't understand this management style at all. Couldn't you just have at least the team let go work on some expansion packs or have another game be in early development to have them move on to so you could avoid this?
They could do alot of that and more. Reshuffling or giving internal teams who have been let go first dibs at some of these positions should be a mandate. Idk but sometimes things are more complex than what they seem, who knows. Of course not everyone is an automatic fit in regards to layoff and filling an advertised position. Maybe thy have a mandate to always advertise new positions or something, I know my job does whether we are hiring internally or not.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
They're better off just ditching Halo and trying to make some new I.P they've ruined the franchise after 4 and they clearly have no idea where to go after Infinite. Even if they ported this franchise to P.S it's pretty much dead. I'm more surprised they haven't handed it over to Activision yet.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They're better off just ditching Halo and trying to make some new I.P they've ruined the franchise after 4 and they clearly have no idea where to go after Infinite. Even if they ported this franchise to P.S it's pretty much dead. I'm more surprised they haven't handed it over to Activision yet.
Or giving it a long rest and working on it behind the scenes. Few years down the line "boom a reboot everyone" with gd advertising and this would make bank.

Reactions: reziel
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Or giving it a long rest and working on it behind the scenes. Few years down the line "boom a reboot everyone" with gd advertising and this would make bank.

Alot of stuff hurt the last game including Craig lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it would be better to dissolve 343 move the remaining 343 employees to other MS, Bethesda and Activision Blizzard studios.

Then I'd let ID software lead the new Halo game at the same tine they work in the next Doom, with support from several teams from Microsoft (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, The Coalition, Machine Games, Blizzard who would help them sharing their best expertise in shooters gameplay and design, MP, GaaS, art or visual tech). The idea would be to rebuild Halo being true to its roots and core pilars but modernizing and refreshing everything else getting stuff from the other games that works today.

The idea is to fire less productive people, people whose output has less quality, people who maybe are burned out or who has a too high salary for to the job they do. And then hire people with fresh energy, expertise, knowledge and potential in areas where they need to improve.

One of the reasons of firing them was that they weren't capable of including what they had at launch even if they had the game delayed a lot, and because a good amount of time after release they haven't been able to release a meaningful post launch output.

So they may be trying to replace some people to see if they can fix this.

Last edited: