7th anniversary of Gravity Rush!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Today marks the 7th Anniversary of Gravity Rush 2.This cult classic adventure featured considerably more content than its predecessor, with a larger map and new gravity styles for enhanced navigation

This game was so good and original! We need more of these!!

1705856341406.png
Gravity Rush 2, known in Japan as Gravity Daze 2,https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Rush_2#cite_note-3 is a 2017 action-adventure game developed by Japan Studio's Team Gravity division and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The sequel to Gravity Rush, the game was released for the PlayStation 4 in January 2017.[2] Directed by Keiichiro Toyama, the core mechanic of the game is the player's ability to manipulate gravity, allowing unique movements and navigation. The game follows Kat, a gravity-shifting teenage girl and super-heroine, after she is drawn from her home of Hekseville into another universe and must liberate the citizens of Jirga Para Lhao from its evil rulers.

Gravity Rush 2
Developer(s)Japan Studio (Team Gravity)[a]
Publisher(s)Sony Interactive Entertainment
Director(s)Keiichiro Toyama
Producer(s)Makato Isomine
Designer(s)Junya Okura
Programmer(s)Atsushi Nakamura
Toshitake Tsuchikura
Artist(s)Shunsuke Saito
Takeshi Oga
Writer(s)Keiichiro Toyama
Naoko Sato
Composer(s)Kohei Tanaka
SeriesGravity Rush
Platform(s)PlayStation 4
Release
  • AU/EU: January 18, 2017
  • JP: January 19, 2017
  • NA/UK: January 20, 2017
Genre(s)Action-adventure
Mode(s)Single-player
Gravity Rush 2 received positive reviews from critics and was the final game released by Team Gravity before its dissolution in 2020

1705856138936.png

1705856104843.png

1705856124003.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The series deserved more.... An anime, more publicity, sales etc.

Was just timed badly, an anime now without a game is just nonsense.
I think it'd sell great now. This game would also be perfect on Switch imo.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You want Sony to go 3rd party like Xbox??
Idc about games going to PC later on or one or two games that fit the criteria going to switch years down the line but no generally third party pub. is not my stance.

I said it fits Switch though because of the artstyle and general look of the game. I have a Switch and simply this game would fit good with it regardless if it's first or third party.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Maybe with the announcement of the film, maybe we'll get a new game, have to wait and see

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The laid off devs need to hurry up and make a spiritual sucessor... on Switch 2.
I'd cop tht too and I don't even play my switch but I would for tht! Dope if A spiritual successor would be launch on Switch 2.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It had some great ideas but some levels were really tedious especially the mandatory stealth segments.

Other than that it had a great art style and an awesome OST. This franchise did have a lot of potential

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
I love how Sony are still blamed for the failure of Gravity Rush.

The second game for free DLC, a NirR colab and an OVA.

The closure of Japan Studio still annnoys me to this day because they were likely profitable, it's just not many wanted the kinds of games they were making.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The closure of Japan Studio still annnoys me to this day because they were likely profitable, it's just not many wanted the kinds of games they were making.
Yes, great games but sales were just not on par with its great reviews.

24 Jun 2022

That excuse doesn't 100% work if you're a platform holder. A platform holder shouldn't need every single game to rake in mega bucks to justify keeping it or even the studio around. It's about the value proposition and variety that content adds to the platform to make it more appealing to various segments of the market, in this case including hardcore and core enthusiasts who were likely the main players of stuff like Gravity Rush.

I mean weren't it Sony themselves who said they didn't need every GaaS title to hit, just one or two to offset the others? Why does that thinking not apply to traditional titles? Did Gravity Rush really need to do Spiderman, GOW, Horizon or TLOU numbers to justify being made? Did the game have a budget anywhere near those titles in order to be that much an albatross?

No, I don't think any of that is the case. There's cutting costs to save money and increase profit margins, but not getting games like Gravity Rush or Puppeteer from SIE 1P anymore is still a loss of some kind.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
That excuse doesn't 100% work if you're a platform holder. A platform holder shouldn't need every single game to rake in mega bucks to justify keeping it or even the studio around. It's about the value proposition and variety that content adds to the platform to make it more appealing to various segments of the market, in this case including hardcore and core enthusiasts who were likely the main players of stuff like Gravity Rush.

I mean weren't it Sony themselves who said they didn't need every GaaS title to hit, just one or two to offset the others? Why does that thinking not apply to traditional titles? Did Gravity Rush really need to do Spiderman, GOW, Horizon or TLOU numbers to justify being made? Did the game have a budget anywhere near those titles in order to be that much an albatross?

No, I don't think any of that is the case. There's cutting costs to save money and increase profit margins, but not getting games like Gravity Rush or Puppeteer from SIE 1P anymore is still a loss of some kind.
Oh, I agree completely. Games like Gravity Rush and Everybody's Golf etc attracted players to the platform.

It was Layden that began the obsession with AAA blockbusters.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
One of the things that seperated PlayStation from the competition was that it was a platform where you could find something great in every genre.

We're slowly getting to a point where that won't be the case anymore. Maybe things will change now that we're getting new leadership

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
One of the things that seperated PlayStation from the competition was that it was a platform where you could find something great in every genre.

We're slowly getting to a point where that won't be the case anymore. Maybe things will change now that we're getting new leadership
I agree. We need some solid platformers and anime inspired games just found on Playstation. A little bit of all goes a long way.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah. The old leadership got it.

Remember how awesome PlayStation Experience was?
Yes I mentioned it the other day. I use to go to the theater in Manhattan and it was literally like a big gaming affair with tons of gamers coming out in gaming swag, ppl drinking responsibly just having a dope time.

Reactions: Jivesh1995