A Native PS5 Version of Minecraft Will Be Releasing Soon

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Info came to light via a recent posting on the /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit:

"Now that Microsoft have their PS5 development kits, it looks like the long awaited native PS5 version of the game is not far away from release.

Title Ids for the PS5 version have recently been published on the PSN backend:

PPSA19638_00
PPSA19639_00
PPSA19640_00"

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
They should release that RT Minecraft that they used for promoting the The Series X RT capabilities alongside Digital Foundry but never released it because Xbox owners are suckers.
But it would run best on console on ps5 pro series s won’t be able to support it at all and the minority of Xbox gamers with access to it on the x might still experience a worse version than the base ps5. They can’t have that.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They should release that RT Minecraft that they used for promoting the The Series X RT capabilities alongside Digital Foundry but never released it because Xbox owners are suckers.
Wow I remember tht. That never got released? Wow they are so full of shit.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
But it would run best on console on ps5 pro series s won’t be able to support it at all and the minority of Xbox gamers with access to it on the x might still experience a worse version than the base ps5. They can’t have that.
PS5 version doesn't need to run on Series S. They can have anything, they don't give a shit about Xbox fans. Wouldn't be the first MS game with a superior version on PS5.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Lol, Microsoft is secretly very excited to release their games on PS5, they can't wait to start making some real money

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Hopefully its cross buy/ upgrade from PS4 to PS5 as i already own it on PS4.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Lol, Microsoft is secretly very excited to release their games on PS5, they can't wait to start making some real money
They bought all these publishers, and realised they are all 3rd party! and need to remain as such to be profitable. Although I suspect it’s no surprise and they knowingly were pivoting with these giant acquisitions.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
They bought all these publishers, and realised they are all 3rd party! and need to remain as such to be profitable. Although I suspect it’s no surprise and they knowingly were pivoting with these giant acquisitions.
I think Phil was trying to use the acquisitions to kill playstation, but Satya started getting heat from investors and plans changed.

Mind you, they will still try to pivot to PC Windows vs consoles.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I think Phil was trying to use the acquisitions to kill playstation, but Satya started getting heat from investors and plans changed.

Oooof, I like a spicy conspiracy theory

24 Jun 2022

DF have been doing that already. Ever notice for their PC vs. PS5 tests they say "Windows 11", not even Steam?

I get that it's meant to be platform vs platform but "PC" can technically run non-Windows OSes for gaming and non-Steam storefronts for the same. So DF are just saying the quiet part out loud, and well, it also works as a form of advertisement for Windows.