According to Remedy, "Epic Games was nothing but supportive. Epic's production team especially KILLED it on Alan Wake 2. They really care.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

According to Remedy, "Epic Games was nothing but supportive. Epic's production team especially KILLED it on Alan Wake 2. They really care. Never have I read so much good feedback from milestones and have producers play so much of the game constantly​

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Of course they care.
Their engine showcases up to now is ridiculous bad and they are having loss with it (due devs not wanting to use it).
They indeed have to up their side.

But I feel that making the engine better and more performative is a wise move than just helping devs with it issues.

And being fair Remedy is killing it with sub 1080p game without RT on consoles and something that only runs on RTX 4090 on PC.
That is the real situation.

Edit - Remedy only needs to be blamed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Of course they care.
Their engine showcases up to now is ridiculous bad and they are having loss with it (due devs not wanting to use it).

But I feel that making the engine better and more performative is a wise move than just helping devs with it issues.

And being fair even with Epic support killing it we ended with sub 1080p game without RT on consoles and something that only runs on RTX 4090 on PC.
You are being too hard on developers. What do you expect with these consoles? Are you expecting them to support path-tracing in order to get the absolute best visuals possible? They are literally $400 boxes. Your expectations are way too overblown.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Of course they care.

And being fair even with Epic support killing it we ended with sub 1080p game without RT on consoles and something that only runs on RTX 4090 on PC.
Remedy is not using Unreal tho? Epic is just publishing the game. I'm not sure why.

Alan Wake 2 should have been published by a big publisher (like T2) or Sony with Steam and physical copies. Epic is just a weird situation that will hurt the game, even if the actual employees are good and care about it.

Reactions: Puff

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
You are being too hard on developers. What do you expect with these consoles? Are you expecting them to support path-tracing in order to get the absolute best visuals possible? They are literally $400 boxes. Your expectations are way too overblown.
It runs like shit on pc as well. In fact it looks fantastic on consoles

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Remedy is not using Unreal tho? Epic is just publishing the game. I'm not sure why.

Alan Wake 2 should have been published by a big publisher (like T2) or Sony with Steam and physical copies. Epic is just a weird situation that will hurt the game, even if the actual employees are good and care about it.
This game always smelled like a loss leader to me, they didn't choose Epic, Epic chose them. Without Epic there is no game.

• brain

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

They are not using Unreal Engine 5? They are using they engine? So I have to blame Remedy only.

• they're_right_you_know

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It runs like shit on pc as well. In fact it looks fantastic on consoles
It doesn't run like shit on PC. I have the game and it runs fine. DF did an review on the PC performance, and it runs fine for the settings it uses.