Amazon Prime sale was a thing, and I scored a WD SN850

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDuper

Chief Troll Officer
Moderating
16 Jun 2022
So, just bragging here... Amazon had a Prime Sale this last couple of days, and I decided that maybe it was time for a drive expantion for my PS5. The WD SN850 was on sale at €140 delivered and just pulled the plug. It's mine, and mine alone!

Meanwhile the Seagate Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S, 1 TB was on sale for €230. And it wasn't pretty...

OP
OP
SuperDuper

SuperDuper

Chief Troll Officer
Moderating
16 Jun 2022
Nice yeah that is 1 of the thing i hate about Xbox so far
The overpriced Expansion Card
That's their business model. It has been like for a long, long time: proprietary storage.

Oh, I got at €50 a new white Dualsense. At that price it was a steal.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So, just bragging here... Amazon had a Prime Sale this last couple of days, and I decided that maybe it was time for a drive expantion for my PS5. The WD SN850 was on sale at €140 delivered and just pulled the plug. It's mine, and mine alone!

Meanwhile the Seagate Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S, 1 TB was on sale for €230. And it wasn't pretty...
why is the Xbox ssd so expensive is there like only one brand or something, that's like 100+ pounds more, that's robbery

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im surprised they went that route.
Its 1 of the reasons the Vita died

If VITA waited a year, and they ported a couple more exclusive indies, exclusive first party with regular Micro/SD they would have been better off.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Same! I had a 500gb but it wasn't enough with PS+ so I bought a 1tb. So cheap for the official Playstation brand 🥳

OP
OP
SuperDuper

SuperDuper

Chief Troll Officer
Moderating
16 Jun 2022
why is the Xbox ssd so expensive is there like only one brand or something, that's like 100+ pounds more, that's robbery
Yap: they pay MS for the interface royalties and at the moment there is just one brand (Segate) making the drive.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw
Status
Not open for further replies.