Anyone else feel like they might of outgrown gaming?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I notice for the past two or so years the only games I really have fun playing anymore are the OG RE4 and Need For Speed Underground 2. Foamstars and FF7 Rebirth were really fun but so many games for the past couple of years just feel like im wasting my very limited free time then having fun. Now I dont mean to make this thread to say stuff like "Modern gaming is horrible" or stuff like that as there are a bunch of older games that give this feeling to. I think the problem is not necessarily gaming is bad but I think at 30 years old I feel like gaming as my main hobby might be coming to an end and I will instead do it very rarely now. I was wondering am I the only one that is starting to feel this way? I know this is most likely a dumb question to ask on a gaming centric forum but I was wondering if anyone else out there just feels burnt out on gaming. Maybe its just life itself dragging me down and seeing how gaming is one of my main hobbies it is just suffering from some the stress of having such little free time.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Try out different games. I recommend some beat em ups
I suck at those. In fact I suck at most games nowadays. I feel like im having a pre mid life crisis. Im not too old to try to learn new stuff like doing a backflip. But too young to expect my body to be pushed the way it was when I was in my teens to mid 20s. I feel like playing games is just too much for me nowadays unless its something I am very familar with like re4 2005 or nfs underground 2.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I notice for the past two or so years the only games I really have fun playing anymore are the OG RE4 and Need For Speed Underground 2. Foamstars and FF7 Rebirth were really fun but so many games for the past couple of years just feel like im wasting my very limited free time then having fun. Now I dont mean to make this thread to say stuff like "Modern gaming is horrible" or stuff like that as there are a bunch of older games that give this feeling to. I think the problem is not necessarily gaming is bad but I think at 30 years old I feel like gaming as my main hobby might be coming to an end and I will instead do it very rarely now. I was wondering am I the only one that is starting to feel this way? I know this is most likely a dumb question to ask on a gaming centric forum but I was wondering if anyone else out there just feels burnt out on gaming. Maybe its just life itself dragging me down and seeing how gaming is one of my main hobbies it is just suffering from some the stress of having such little free time.
You need a Fish tank in your life.

99% of problems fade away when watching em.

14 Aug 2024
I suck at those. In fact I suck at most games nowadays. I feel like im having a pre mid life crisis. Im not too old to try to learn new stuff like doing a backflip. But too young to expect my body to be pushed the way it was when I was in my teens to mid 20s. I feel like playing games is just too much for me nowadays unless its something I am very familar with like re4 2005 or nfs underground 2.
Everybody sucks at something new, but that is what gives us incentive to do better at it.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
You need a Fish tank in your life.

99% of problems fade away when watching em.
I got some fish in 2006, and again in 2016, and plan on getting some more again in 2026 because why not.
I did for a while and just gave it a break, then I eventually got reenergized and really enjoyed it again.

Every once in a while I give myself a break and it really helps.
Its weird I gave myself a lot of breaks here and there but I think I need to give myself a long breather for a while and see how I feel.

• they're_right_you_know
  • Heart
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I took a massive break while I was in Japan. Or whenever I go abroad.
Id enjoy just going to the arcades and playing classics.

When I get back home Im kinda refreshed to play the games I enjoy

• Heart
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I wouldn't say outgrown. Moe like jaded, at the height of my social life (2016-17) I wasn't interested at all in gaming anymore, but after a break I came back to a lot of gems.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Disillusionment: The Thread 🧵

Surround yourself with positive people IRL & genuinely passionate gamers instead of the cesspool that is the Internet.
Are you trying to call me small time?

On a more serious note I think some of it is from the extremeness from peoples opinions are the thirst for drama with everything nowadays but....
Some if it I think might be age related.

I will say I do probably need to find more more positive things in gaming convos online. I saw an video by summoning salt about Halo 2's world record and it was pretty shocking to see the current world record holder cheering on somebody trying to break his record. Heck he wasn't just cheering him, when the dude failed to break it the first time he gave him support on trying again. something very rare you see online nowadays.

• Surprised
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Are you trying to call me small time?

On a more serious note I think some of it is from the extremeness from peoples opinions are the thirst for drama with everything nowadays but....
Some if it I think might be age related.

I will say I do probably need to find more more positive things in gaming convos online. I saw an video by summoning salt about Halo 2's world record and it was pretty shocking to see the current world record holder cheering on somebody trying to break his record. Heck he wasn't just cheering him, when the dude failed to break it the first time he gave him support on trying again. something very rare you see online nowadays.
Can you link the video for us to see? 😍

Reactions: RE4-Station