Anyone else played Crash 4 - Your thoughts.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Almost finished Crash 4 and wanted to know your thoughts on this game.

The only thing keeping me going is my stubbornness to finish it after so many hours wasted on it.

The level of difficulty and level lengths make it so tedious that I simply haven’t enjoyed it.

Almost relieved after finishing each boss and level.

We got this game after the success of trilogy remake and it is nothing like the Crash games I remember.

No way is this a game made for all audiences which Crash games and Platformers in general should be.

What were Toys for Bob and Activision thinking.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I think that they went all in with that fabricated narrative of "crash is the dark souls of platformers" for crash 4. Box counts were crazy as well as their placement, lengths of levels, checkpoints, I could go on.

There is a mod for the PC version that balances the game better.

Last edited:

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
I feel the same @JAHGamer.
I know Toys for Bob tried, but it just isn't the same... and ditto on the smoothness. I gave up when I got to the jungle village area (and no, I didn't even get 100% boxes for any level, lol). I'm just too old/unskilled now.

@Muddasar
Don't feel bad. I've seen a lot of veterans from the PS1 generation say it's incredibly difficult. Both Crash 4 and the N-Sane trilogy.
If some of them can't do it, ain't no way I can do it.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I feel the same @JAHGamer.
I know Toys for Bob tried, but it just isn't the same... and ditto on the smoothness. I gave up when I got to the jungle village area (and no, I didn't even get 100% boxes for any level, lol). I'm just too old/unskilled now.

@Muddasar
Don't feel bad. I've seen a lot of veterans from the PS1 generation say it's incredibly difficult. Both Crash 4 and the N-Sane trilogy.
If some of them can't do it, ain't no way I can do it.

The N Sane trilogy is hard because physics are fucked up. Crash 1 in particular should be easier than the originals as it is now easier to get gems. Crash 4 is indeed difficult.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar
OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Deleted.

Last part of Cortex Castle is ridiculous.

Now I know why Toys for Bob had layoffs and are good as dead.

Serves them right.

• Surprised
Reactions: JAHGamer

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yes, I finished all of the games in the remaster / remake trilogy and then played 4.

Difficulty spikes are insane and in some ways it feels harder than a souls game for me.

I had some great fun playing it but a few times I was close to saying "F this".

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
The levels are very very long in crash 4 and the difficulty spike are so bad imo
I played it back in 2020 but I couldn't continue playing it cuz I got bored

• Shake

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Yes, I finished all of the games in the remaster / remake trilogy and then played 4.

Difficulty spikes are insane and in some ways it feels harder than a souls game for me.

I had some great fun playing it but a few times I was close to saying "F this".
Road to Nowhere on the Crash 1 remake is one of the most annoying experiences I ever had with a new gen console.

I also deeply dislike how the relics are part of unlocking true endings in some of those games.

The games do look good though, and the platforming is fun when the level difficulty is correct.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This game was hard as fuck, I enjoyed that. They really made too may tedious zones though, this game could've been balanced way better.

• they're_right_you_know