Apple opens App Store to game streaming services (Game Pass can be an app rather than a webpage now)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Starting today Apple is opening up its App Store to allow game streaming apps and services. This means that services like Xbox Cloud Streaming and GeForce Now, which previously were only accessible on iOS via a web browser, will be able to offer full-featured apps. “Developers can now submit a single app with the capability to stream all of the games offered in their catalog,” Apple wrote in a blog post. These changes apply “worldwide,” according to the company.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think this means Sony will release their PS cloud gaming client on mobile soon. It's funny to see that MS webside doesn't mention PS+.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Things that I liked:

- Allow others browser engines
- Better options to choose defaults.

Things I'm not sure:

- Changes in the payment core system to accept new payment systems... how much that will spill in the end user is still to see.

Things I did not like:

- New useless setup options to choose which default browser you want at start of a device... and at start of Safari... I mean options are good but why bother the user with annoying things... user experience should be always better not worst... maybe EU regulators needs to review their weird issues.