Are PS2 ever games coming to PlayStation+ Premium?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The only PS2 games that are there are the PS2 on PS4 ones from several years ago and some of them don't work properly on PS5.

Then they also never fixed the problems that some PS2 games have when they are played on PS5. From the 54 PS2 games they made backwards compatible 4 were also delisted.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
The only PS2 games that are there are the PS2 on PS4 ones from several years ago and some of them don't work properly on PS5.

Then they also never fixed the problems that some PS2 games have when they are played on PS5. From the 54 PS2 games they made backwards compatible 4 were also delisted.

Doesn't seem to be a focus under Jim's leadership, there may be a chance under the next leader though... we wait in hope.

I think there is a focus to put a PS2 games on Premium, but there is a problem. Problem is Sony is only adding 3-4 PS classics to Premium on monthly basis. And bigger problem is.....PS1 has almost 8k games, PS2 has over 4k games, almost 2,5k games for PSP. Yeah, adding it at this quantity on monthly basis....maybe i will live long enough to see at least 1,5k PS1 games added to Premium. :LOL:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Andrew House said in 2013 they are coming, so no.

Another PS BS from manangement. The library of PS1/PS2 & PSP games on thePS3/Vita stores makes the PS4/PS5 library look like a lazy ass joke.
Tech is better, they have more money and there are no legit reasons why they cant get more games over

Reactions: JAHGamer and Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I think there is a focus to put a PS2 games on Premium, but there is a problem. Problem is Sony is only adding 3-4 PS classics to Premium on monthly basis. And bigger problem is.....PS1 has almost 8k games, PS2 has over 4k games, almost 2,5k games for PSP. Yeah, adding it at this quantity on monthly basis....maybe i will live long enough to see at least 1,5k PS1 games added to Premium. :LOL:

The Nintendo strategy of drip feeding

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Andrew House said in 2013 they are coming, so no.

Another PS BS from manangement. The library of PS1/PS2 & PSP games on thePS3/Vita stores makes the PS4/PS5 library look like a lazy ass joke.
Tech is better, they have more money and there are no legit reasons why they cant get more games over

I still dont get why they havent just ported it over from the ps3/vita

• they're_right_you_know

Perrott

21 Jun 2022
They hired engineers to work on new emulators for PS Plus last year, so I'd say both PS2 and PS3 games are coming later in the generation.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I’m not one to look back that far in 3D gaming. 2d pixels carry their charm, but low poly and low detail 3d games are terribly unattractive to me.

However, ps3 games are welcome - but only if rez and 60fps enhanced.

Reactions: kuzon

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I've given up on older games coming to Premium, there's no real reason why Sony shouldn't be able to at least put all of their SCEA games on the service by now. A lot of them should've been there day 1, but they slow drip the content and act like they're doing us a favor by adding trophies 🤦‍♂️ We don't need or want trophies in games like Syphon Filter and Twisted Metal, especially if they're causing the games to be delayed.

Better to just emulate

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
If only they'd put Nixxies to good use instead of having them on Pee Cee ports

They need to buy Aspyr, they do a really good job of remaking retro games.

I’m not one to look back that far in 3D gaming. 2d pixels carry their charm, but low poly and low detail 3d games are terribly unattractive to me.

However, ps3 games are welcome - but only if rez and 60fps enhanced.

I've seen Ratchet and clank and other older ps2 games with netter resolutions running on emulators. They look so clean and good

I've given up on older games coming to Premium, there's no real reason why Sony shouldn't be able to at least put all of their SCEA games on the service by now. A lot of them should've been there day 1, but they slow drip the content and act like they're doing us a favor by adding trophies 🤦‍♂️ We don't need or want trophies in games like Syphon Filter and Twisted Metal, especially if they're causing the games to be delayed.

Better to just emulate

Look what Nintendo did with their online thing, we still don't even have DS games or Gamecube games there. I don't get why companies take so long while Modders do this in a fraction of the time.

I can emulate these games but i would prefer to support them in some official capacity.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Give me DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Guitar Hero even if I have to play it with the Dualsense and im going to be SO happy.

Reactions: Box

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The Nintendo strategy of drip feeding
I really hate it. I really dont think its that hard to share the same library as the PS3/Vita games. The PS3 and vita dont have the same tech and they done it.

Weirdly Xbox is the only one that works on there previous games. Maybe because they had to as everything else they did sucked.
PS and Nintendo, while having so much more of a legacy, are lazy with it.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I really hate it. I really dont think its that hard to share the same library as the PS3/Vita games. The PS3 and vita dont have the same tech and they done it.

Weirdly Xbox is the only one that works on there previous games. Maybe because they had to as everything else they did sucked.
PS and Nintendo, while having so much more of a legacy, are lazy with it.

There's only 79 OG xbox games, and Xbox havent released any new backwards compatible games in years so even they are bad.

Nintendo had a great Eshop during the wii days but they never ported it over.

I really don't understand these companies

• they're_right_you_know

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There's only 79 OG xbox games, and Xbox havent released any new backwards compatible games in years so even they are bad.

Nintendo had a great Eshop during the wii days but they never ported it over.

I really don't understand these companies
Me too.

79 is better than what we have. Isnt 360 games still compatible?

Yeah Nintendo is really weird too, there Eshop from Wii/Wii U could of easily come over. Have the sub service and also have the option to buy from Virtual Console.

Even Sega. They could easily have there own virtual store, Games from Master System, Megadrive, Saturn and Dreamcast.
Every 5/6 years they promise a new library of classics, they make a announcements, hint at Dreamcast and Saturn games, release Sonic 1 and then just not carry on.

Reactions: Box