Are you excited for Summer Games Fest 2024?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
7/10

Always excited to see new games, but no Fromsoft, sony, CDPR, SE…..there’s only so much hype i can muster without those publishers having a big presence

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
What do you guys think will be this year's theme?
Like I said in another topic, the last S.G.F was farming, the year before that space, etc.

As for excitement? IDK... all this negativity around gaming, and bad industry news is really dampening my mood. Probably a 5/10?
Especially with new reveals, I feel like so many folks exist just to purely sh** on anything/everything now.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Friday starts my 10 day vacation so im looking forward to kicking it off with Summer Game Fest. Expecting it to be a solid show.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I'm not excited for big things but SGF but they usually do feature a lot of titles from Asia and new studios which can be intriguing. Also unlike most forum enthusiasts, I'm also not totally allergic to seeing a good GaaS game pop up, which are quite often featured at Keighley shows.

But yeah I don't watch that live, in fact I don't watch most presentations live these days. I just pause the stream and/or wait for the VoD and fast forward to parts that could interest me.

SGF, to pay for itself, has too many advertisement segments to make it any enjoyable to watch in its entirety.
Always gotta feature Hoyoverse marketing beats and a few others that pay the bills.
I get it, but it's very detrimental to the viewers' time.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Not really excited. Its usually overhyped with very few exciting announcements. Most of the other announcements or stuff there is boring or meh

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
How do you feel about it and what do you expect?
I'm not hyped. I think it will be mostly trailers of games we know (and mostly don't care about), and a good portion of them DLCs and content for GaaS. Regarding that, I'd love to see Pragmata, BGE2 and Marathon gameplay reveal and release date, and the Helldivers 2 Illuminate faction announcement, but not sure if will be there.

Regarding game announcements I think it will be mostly random F2P, Asian stuff and AA. I'd love to see there Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet, which I'd love to see it's Cory's new IP and that releases this fall or 2025. But I'm not optimistic, I think Sony may save it for a later date, as could be Gamescom or more likely September's TGS State of Play.

I have super low expectations and expect to see there garbage, which I think is better to later get a nice surprise (looking at the list of publishers I know at least there will be a few games that I'll like).

• brain

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Supposedly it has a new KCD II video in it - so I will definately watch it for that. Always a few Indy surprises at this show so that could be fun.

7/10 will watch.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No. Hoping this is the year I'll learn the lesson not to watch these types of events.

If you don't watch it live you can simply show up later and watch everything that you care about in 4K and better bit rate.