Armored Core 6 To Potentially Get DLC, Job Listing Suggests

26 Feb 2023
As first spotted online on the tech4gamers forum, FromSoftware is currently hiring a Character Modeler. The position, which is currently open, calls for the applicant to be able to assist with "modeling and texturing characters or robots." Additionally, the job responsibilities include rigging and animation work, as well as the ability to create game events.

Normally, a job listing is a pretty innocuous thing, as studios are constantly looking for new talent. That said, FromSoftware only has one game in its portfolio that deals with robots -- Armored Core -- and that franchise was revived after more than a decade hiatus.

FromSoftware Games Typically Receive DLC Expansions​

With the exception of Sekiro, nearly every recent FromSoftware release has received some sort of DLC expansion. Whether it's the Old Hunters expansion of Bloodborne, or the recently released Shadow of the Erdtree expansion of Elden Ring, FromSoftware has developed a reputation for expanding its games with detailed and punishing DLC offerings. In other words, DLC for Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon wouldn't be out of the ordinary.
Thoughts?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Also, it's great to see really niche games like this get supported.

I actually thought AC6 was From Software's most mainstream game of the last decade.
At least it should be more accessible than any Souls or Elden Ring.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I actually thought AC6 was From Software's most mainstream game of the last decade.
At least it should be more accessible than any Souls or Elden Ring.
When I use the word niche, I mean more in terms of the Mecha game genre itself.

When I look at Fromsoftware,I think of Dark Souls/board and sword games, and those are many,

Reactions: ToTTenTranz