ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON – Gameplay Preview Trailer Dropping Tomorrow

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

12-minute of Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon gameplay preview premiering on July 25 at 6:45 a.m. PT / 9:45 a.m. ET (approx. 24 hours from this post:

Feed the fire. Let the last cinders burn.

• Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon will have six-player multiplayer with an additional three spectators.
  • The multiplayer mode in Armored Core 6 will be strictly competitive, without a co-op option.
  • While Armored Core 6 may be a departure from FromSoftware's Soulslike games, the studio has a proven track record and fans will have to play it themselves to see if it lives up to their expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frozone and catchew

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Looks Good! From videos I have seen (I have not played either before) the speed seems to be somewhere between AC4 and AC5.

The Mechs shown seem to have a good amount of variance, so hopefully the game will feel fresh throughout

But Man .... I bet you could get motion sicknes from this game if played with enough IPAs

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Idk maybe it's because I'm not a mech game type of person but I was underwhelmed. I mean boss fight looked good, graphics look good but I just wasn't excited for it.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Idk maybe it's because I'm not a mech game type of person but I was underwhelmed. I mean boss fight looked good, graphics look good but I just wasn't excited for it.
The endgame is supposedly either you build fastest mech and having crazy fast boost-flying melee-laser combo againts enemies and bosses, or making tank heavy-arms mech that can fire hundreds of missiles at the same time. In other words, shit will get nuts in late game. And I'm not even talking about potential PvP craziness yet LOL. Think of it like ZOE but with customizable mechs.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I like it, I really want to experience this. I just hope there is enough customization that it doesn't seem too limited. Unique aesthetics to your own armored core is important IMO

Yep, this convinced me that this is ZOE replacement I'm waiting for (hopefully there's faster boost parts). Playing ZOE 2 PS2 right now to prepare for this.

ZOE was great.

Reactions: catchew and Frozone

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This and remnant are my sleeper picks for the year right now. Even if I’m not immediately hyped for this; movement looks fun and mastery of the game should lead to some dope shit. I have high expectations for Japan’s undisputed greatest action rpg dev.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Shame they still hide so much of the game from the preview (only showed one laser blade when there are many melee options LOL). Also they keep focusing on that generic orange boost part when there's faster blue laser boost part.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Shame they still hide so much of the game from the preview (only showed one laser blade when there are many melee options LOL). Also they keep focusing on that generic orange boost part when there's faster blue laser boost part.

Theres tons of big longer previews going up right now

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
That Vaativadya gameplay wow plays so much better than official gameplay LOL, now THAT'S how you play the game, ZOE fast-paced kinetic style play lol.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I like it, I really want to experience this. I just hope there is enough customization that it doesn't seem too limited. Unique aesthetics to your own armored core is important IMO

ZOE was great.
Armored core has never had a problem with not having enough customization.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Vaat have one of the best videos right now on AC. He does a great job breaking things down. I noticed that the mission structure is similar to Ace Combat 4’s mission structure.

Glad to see FS is getting out of their comfort zone and doing something diffent, cant wait.
I don't remember Ace Combat having chapters?

The level design seems better than Verdict and V for sure.

catchew

8 Jun 2023
im so hyped for this. there's so much reminiscing on ac lately on youtube. makes me feel like when i first played ac on ps1 on a demo disc. sound design is amazing for the look. cant wait to have my hands on the game.