Assassin’s Creed Mirage has “no plan” for DLC,

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Assassin’s Creed Reddit AMA, as multiple Ubisoft developers spent some time answering questions about the upcoming game. So the “narrative-driven” Assassin’s Creed game is making quite a few changes.

“For now, Mirage has no plan for DLC or extensive post-launch,”

assassins-creed-mirage-dlc-1-550x309.jpg

says Assassin’s Creed Mirage creative director Stéphane Boudon. This sounds like it means that plans could change, but don’t expect a big push for extra content before launch.

There are multiple versions of Assassin’s Creed Mirage with minor extras mind you, but this is limited to outfits for Basim, cosmetics, digital artbooks, soundtracks, and some physical extras like a figurine.

Boudon had a lot more to say in the AMA too, like “For parkour we are focusing on fluidity and control and building our own thing, taking inspiration from several Assassin’s Creed games.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, they said they want bring back parkour from Unity.
Great that we get full game and no extra bullshit, they really suck on creating DLCs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Good. Having several other big AC games coming soonish is a good idea to get rid of DLC for this one and focus its budget on the base game instead.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
can you share some insider staff? :D
Nope (and wouldn't share if I had). Pretty likely I'm wrong, but I think I don't know anyone working on this specific game.

Even if I know many people who worked in multiple recent AC games like Valhalla or remasters, the people I know are working in other announced games (R6 Siege, BGE2, Avatar, SW Outlaws etc) plus at least a couple of unannounced AAA games (which I have no info about which ones) plus mobile gaming stuff.

When talking to them I often don't talk about their job, or try to don't break NDAs, only ask them if they are happy with their current project, in which project are they working (if they can mention it once it's public that their studio is working there), if they are worried of seeing their studio hit by some restructuring.

As of now they are fine, happy with their games and not worried at all about being hit with firings, staff reduction or something like that. They have 2 studios in my city and now will be in the same building, leaving the most expensive/luxurious one (they now can go the beach by walking 10/15 minutes but won't have the office just in front of it anymore), I assume -they didn't mention it- to reduce some costs without affecting job losses/promotions/salary rises/etc.

The most similar thing to inside info I can share is that what it was shown in their recent big summer event for games like SW Outlaws or Avatar was captured directly from the games and didn't have any bullshit (didn't specify platform, but pretty likely were running on a high end PC, as usual for these cases).

Last edited: