Assassin's Creed Nexus VR will be a full fledged length game similar to earlier AC games, new trailer (Meta Quest EXCLUSIVE)

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Meta must be paying (and has) an ungodly amount for this. I’m very interested by more full, complete games being in VR though, rather than short minigames or shallow experiences designed to sell on novelty more than game content.

This is the next step for VR. Make enthusiast gamers respect it beyond tech as a real medium.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
D

Deleted member 223

Meta's Reality Labs has now lost more than $21 billion since the beginning of last year. Meta's Reality Labs unit, which develops virtual reality and augmented reality technologies, logged a $3.7 billion operating loss on $276 million in sales during the second quarter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/26/metas-reality-labs-has-now-lost-more-than-21-billion.html

Ain't got no problem with a loss leader. If I'm in Ubisoft shoes, I do like they did, take the bag and run. Look at the loses pile up... these things ain't coming cheap.

Exclusives matter - always.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
In Portuguese, I'd call the platform the "Merda Quest".

Use google translate.

Also, who the fuck will play a full fledged Ass Creed in VR?

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
How is this shit being allowed to continue over there? I know the comparison to Xbox is probably obvious but Zuck is betting the company on it, he's renamed the company after it. How have the shareholders not revolted?

Edit: Maybe Ive spoken too soon? Apparently the stock's had a huge 18 month rebound, regaining most of what was lost? Still doesn't mean that the metaverse stuff is anything more than an anchor, though.

Reactions: Box and Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This looks better than any psvr2 exclusive. Sony needs to work with some 3rd party, pay up

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Ppl be on crack but fuck thst where's my Astrobot. It baffles me Sony didn't make tht front and center.
I know right, all these other companies can do PSVR2 ports fast but Sony just sitting doing nothing with their biggest vr game… very annoying

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This looks better than GT7, RE8, and RE4 Remake? 😂😂
None of those are directly VR games and you know that lol. I mean maybe RE4 but meh. Actual VR Games like Half Life Alyx and Call of the Mountain or Blood and Truth, built only for VR. GT7 is awesome, and games converted into VR but they need games built from the ground up for VR

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I know right, all these other companies can do PSVR2 ports fast but Sony just sitting doing nothing with their biggest vr game… very annoying
Because they have no plan. Hermen is meant to be in charge lol
They are either really badly organised or released VR2 with no proper plan

• sad
Reactions: JAHGamer

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Meta must be paying (and has) an ungodly amount for this. I’m very interested by more full, complete games being in VR though, rather than short minigames or shallow experiences designed to sell on novelty more than game content.

This is the next step for VR. Make enthusiast gamers respect it beyond tech as a real medium.

VR is never going to take off until it's significantly cheaper, right now the majority of people have zero interest in VR

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Arc

5 Sep 2023
VR is never going to take off until it's significantly cheaper, right now the majority of people have zero interest in VR
Yeah, I’d have to agree with that too. The most success we ever saw for VR was when the Quest 2 presented a standalone system for $300 or $400, before raising prices back up later on (they were clearly taking a haircut).

Whoever figures out to stop chasing the latest and greatest VR technology, but to more aggressively pursue the price, is going to win this thing.

Reactions: Box