Astro Bot 2 Hinted at in PS5 Platinum Trophy Description

24 Jun 2022
Doubt it.

Why would they tease a sequel if they don't know how the first (full) game is going to perform at retail? SIE probably have some internal policy against that. OTOH, a tease for a PC version both already fits what someone at the studio's publicly flirted around, and would (in the eyes of some people) be a lifeline to boost sales for a potential sequel.

....Though this was also used for Rift Apart when the fake narrative that it didn't sell on PS5 ran around, when in fact it sold close to 4 million prior to the PC port. But I digress...

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Muddasar

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Probably just the PC version being hinted at.
Danger 5 Laughing GIF

Why would they tease a sequel if they don't know how the first (full) game is going to perform at retail? SIE probably have some internal policy against that. OTOH, a tease for a PC version both already fits what someone at the studio's publicly flirted around, and would (in the eyes of some people) be a lifeline to boost sales for a potential sequel.

....Though this was also used for Rift Apart when the fake narrative that it didn't sell on PS5 ran around, when in fact it sold close to 4 million prior to the PC port. But I digress...
Laugh Lol GIF

• haha
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Why wouldn’t they tease a sequel after completing the game fully?

Astro Bot will get sequels regardless. It is the de facto mascot of Playstation now.

You need to stop overthinking.

"Earned all Trophies. Well done and see you in Astro's next adventure!"

Next adventure means a sequel.

Not a flipping PC port of the same game.

Honestly.

Last edited: