Astro Bot is ‘very, very important’ as an IP for PlayStation, says boss Hermen Hulst

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
IMG_7710-1440x1080.jpeg

Speaking on the Official PlayStation podcast in a joint interview with Astro Bot director Nicolas Doucet, the head of PlayStation studios commented on the importance of Astro as a brand going forward for PlayStation.

“Astro is very, very important to PlayStation,” said Hulst. “Obviously we had the pre-install with the PlayStation 5 that millions have embraced and loved, and I think that’s becoming a little bit of a platform to launch this new game now.

“It’s remarkable that a very small team is able to deliver a game that is so big, it’s really become a great game in itself, and it’s become a celebration of everything PlayStation at this point.”

Source

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
If so, I hope we get a sequel, even if the game doesn’t set sell charts on fire

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
If so, I hope we get a sequel, even if the game doesn’t set sell charts on fire
doubt it with reports dropping it only sold 1/3 of what rift aparts pre-orders did this game bomb and i FULLY EXPECT SONY TO MOVE AWAY FROM THIS IP AS WELL.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
doubt it with reports dropping it only sold 1/3 of what rift aparts pre-orders did this game bomb and i FULLY EXPECT SONY TO MOVE AWAY FROM THIS IP AS WELL.
Lol how about you wait for the digital splits and give the game grace till next year after the Black Friday and Xmas season to see what Sony really does with it.

It's Astro's first major release it will be a slow burn.

Reactions: Ico

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
Lol how about you wait for the digital splits and give the game grace till next year after the Black Friday and Xmas season to see what Sony really does with it.

It's Astro's first major release it will be a slow burn.
that was with digital splits u moron chris dinger tracks both physicals and digital everyone knows that dont try to fuking down play cuz its bombing moron lol SLOW BURN NIGGA SONY DONT GIVE A FUK IF IT A SLOW BURN OR NOT ALL THEY SEEING IS THIS SHIT AINT SELLING PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
that was with digital splits u moron chris dinger tracks both physicals and digital everyone knows that dont try to fuking down play cuz its bombing moron lol SLOW BURN NIGGA SONY DONT GIVE A FUK IF IT A SLOW BURN OR NOT ALL THEY SEEING IS THIS SHIT AINT SELLING PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Chris does not get digital splits till end of every month. His tweet literally said (physically ONLY - so far) the nerve to wanna insult ones intelligence when illiteracy is clearly beating your ass oh so badly.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not you editing out a huge part of your comment... Too bad for you I already quoted it, so the Mods will see it 🤪

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
Chris does not get digital splits till end of every month. His tweet literally said (physically ONLY - so far) the nerve to wanna insult ones intelligence when illiteracy is clearly beating your ass oh so badly.
BRO HIS CHARTS CLEARLY SHOW WHICH ONES HAVE AND WHICH ONE HAVE NOT TRACKED ASTROBOT HAS NO MARKER NEAR ITS NAME MEANING ITS TRACK DIGITAL AND DISC HAHAHA UR MAD ASF ASTRONUT IS ASTRO BOMBING HAHHAHAH

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
BRO HIS CHARTS CLEARLY SHOW WHICH ONES HAVE AND WHICH ONE HAVE NOT TRACKED ASTROBOT HAS NO MARKER NEAR ITS NAME MEANING ITS TRACK DIGITAL AND DISC HAHAHA UR MAD ASF ASTRONUT IS ASTRO BOMBING HAHHAHAH
and the only ones with Markers are nintendo titles and a few xbox titles that dont get shared and only some nintendo data does hahaha enjoy that L BODY BUT HEY NICE TRY HOMIE

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Read his tweet again idiot. It says physical only.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

What a dumb thing to say. I’d be surprised if you have the mental capacity to tie you own shoes or wipe your own ass.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Good lord did we witness a live brain aneurysm and meltdown? My sympathies to @Danja the poor guy attracted a guy spazzing out in real time

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Good lord did we witness a live brain aneurysm and meltdown? My sympathies to @Danja the poor guy attracted a guy spazzing out in real time
Bro went to from 0 to 100 over nothing. I never thought I'd see the day someone would cheer for Astro of all games to be a flop (which it isn't) .. so weird

This game will obviously be a good seller for them this holiday