Avowed director says "We're working on" the RPG's combat after a lukewarm reception during the Xbox Direct

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1707157008126.png

The director of Obsidian's next RPG, Avowed, has revealed that the team is still working on the game's combat and that things have changed since we last saw the game during the Xbox Developer Direct showcase last month.

Carrie Patel, the director of Avowed, has appeared on the Dropped Frames podcast to offer insight into the upcoming game's development, more specifically, how the team is responding to community feedback, such as the game's combat that is still evolving ahead of its release.

During the Xbox event, we saw Avowed's polished combat, leading fans to compare it to a certain Bethesda RPG. Not long after this, Patel addressed the Skyrim comparisons and revealed that the upcoming action RPG is more like Obsidian's "fantasy take on The Outer Worlds" instead.

In the Dropped Frames interview, the director discusses the community's reaction to Avowed and explains: "We showed something for a showcase last June, we showed a little bit more at Developer Direct a couple of weeks ago [...] so we're getting to share more and more, but all of that is while the game is still in progress."

Patel continues by mentioning Avowed's combat: "One of the heartening things has been seeing fans call out some of the things that we are actively working on, like the sense of hitting and impacts as you're attacking enemies."

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As a person who likes these types RPGs, I will be keeping an eye on this.

Hopefully they can turn it around.
They light, it also might just be good fun but not necessarily eye candy. You know Remnant looks OK but it isn't the best looking game but it's still fun.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They light, it also might just be good fun but not necessarily eye candy. You know Remnant looks OK but it isn't the best looking game but it's still fun.

100%

I played the Bards Tale 4 on ps4, it was like a 7/10 game but I had a lot of fun with it, not everything needs to be a Game of the year game.