Avowed's cooperative mode has been abandoned due to implementation difficulties

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
modo-cooperativo-de-avowed-foi-abandonado-devido-as-dificuldades-de-implementacao-110376.webp

The idea was dropped, almost certainly for the better, and Avowed became the thoroughly singleplayer experience we've seen in its showcases. But in a recent chat with Windows Central, Obsidian shed a bit more light on the decision to go solo, particularly in the wake of the stonking success of Baldur's Gate 3 (and its co-op mode).

"It was a very big creative and technical challenge to find a way to build multiplayer while also fulfilling the things that we are strong at as a studio," said game director Carrie Patel. The things that Obsidian is good at, as you might have guessed, consists of stuff like "a really solid campaign and crit path story," that lets players make "impactful decisions, [while] really shaping the world and the characters around them."
Source

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I think we're far past the time to make "skyrim likes"

This game was a great idea in 2019 but not today.

Reactions: samoth

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why Im not a fan of crossgen games.
Make your game for current gen standards or the next gen ( when a new console is out) then after the initial release, downscale it for whoever if needed. Series S is not current gen tech, it does not match PS5 and Xbox Series X

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Works for me. Not every fucking game known to man needs an online co-op/multi-player mode. All that shit can fuck off!!

• haha
Reactions: samoth

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Series S strikes again.

I wonder if we see holdbacks to some features for new COD now that MS owns it. Like the zombies mode being held back in scope etc

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Man the marketing campaign for this game should be a case study- all articles have been about what's not in the game everytime
Preemptively damage controlling the game lack of scope, quality & details. Can’t really complain about an issue if the devs told you exactly what the game is & not promoting the game to be this big exclusive by Xbox & just another throwaway for gamepass.

Honestly from everything said it looks like this game should’ve been cancelled.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
It doesnt need to be 4k
It doesnt need to be 1080P
It doesnt need to be 60 frames per second
It doesnt need to have Ray Tracing
It doesnt need to be Co-op
It doesnt need to be Split Screen
It doesnt need to be Finished
It doesnt need to be AAA
It doesnt need to to look better than a PS3 game
It doesnt need to sell a million copies to be successful
It doesnt need to be exclusive
It doesnt need marketing
It doesnt need to have game play demonstrations and be shown to public
It doesnt need to be quality
It doesnt need to be polished and not buggy
It doesnt need to have no loading screens
It doesnt need to have the studio stay open
It doesnt need to have a play offline mode

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Bro the reason why is cuz the Series S is a bottleneck plain and simple hahahahah Stop being a fangirl

I don't care what the reason is and I don't own an Xbox Series S so I don't care if that's the problem. I don't want a single player RPG to have co-op and for what? To satisfy the dozen extra people that will play the game? Nah. I care about what I want and what I want is a great single player RPG from Obsidian and that's what im getting.

As for Xbox Series S, it's great for parents with kids who don't need the high end shit since all they play is Minecraft and Fortnite anyway but it's a shit console due to the lack of RAM but I don't own it and never will so whatever issues or problems developers/publishers may or may not have with it has nothing to do with me.

• haha
Reactions: samoth and voke