Baldur's Gate 3 won so many awards that it started to "affect development", forcing Larian to send "rotating teams" of devs to ceremonies

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Q5GF8d5YsduyGUoeapZLCf-970-80.jpg.webp

Baldur's Gate 3 was such a massive critical success that sending developers to collect all of its awards was starting to "affect development."

Speaking to Edge, Larian CEO and Baldur's Gate 3 director Swen Vincke said that the game's overwhelming awards success was greatly appreciated, but began to cause a problem. "It affects development - there's a lot of them. This has been a real problem." Sending a team of developers out to one awards show is one thing, but when it became clear that Baldur's gate 3 was going to keep winning, Larian started sending "rotating teams" to collect those awards - "different people went to different award shows."

Vincke says that the game's level of success was at risk of being "too much," and that while "it's great that you have a moment of celebration [...] we still have award shows that we're going to. Because they're important, and we really appreciate it."

Nevertheless, the director says it

"would be cool if everybody could agree to do it all at the same time,"

because

"it is surprisingly draining on the soul." That drain is certainly something Vincke didn't expect to experience, but he says the continuing attention being paid to the game means that "we've all been more emotional because we can't get closure. And you want to have closure at the end of a project."

via pCGamesN

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
In my own headcannon, this is how Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition continued... SIGH.
Same with Fallout, but, unfortunately, the series ended up being pulled to popularity by Bugthesda fanboys.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Whats woke about baldurs gate 3?
😂😂 i was kidding, but when it came out, people were hating on it and saying its woke since you can have a transgender character, homosexual relationships, and cuz there were black people in a "european fantasy" game 🤷‍♂️

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So happy this unconventional ass game is getting this type of success

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
😂😂 i was kidding, but when it came out, people were hating on it and saying its woke since you can have a transgender character, homosexual relationships, and cuz there were black people in a "european fantasy" game 🤷‍♂️
What you mean is that you can make transgender character, you can make homosexual relationship and bears..ugh yeah i know that...which also means you can make heterosexual character or heterosexual relationship...also i think its dystopian fantasy not european fantasy so all kind of race should be included..cos the game gives you options

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
What you mean is that you can make transgender character, you can make homosexual relationship and bears..ugh yeah i know that...which also means you can make heterosexual character or heterosexual relationship...also i think its dystopian fantasy not european fantasy so all kind of race should be included..cos the game gives you option
Surprised you didn't have a panic attack when Asterion attempts to fuck you :ROFLMAO:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
What you mean is that you can make transgender character, you can make homosexual relationship and bears..ugh yeah i know that...which also means you can make heterosexual character or heterosexual relationship...also i think its dystopian fantasy not european fantasy so all kind of race should be included..cos the game gives you option
I didn't say any of that, the anti woke mob who were crying about it back at release were. I loved the game as well

But I was just joking since you've been going off on Concord the last few days 😂😂

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Surprised you didn't have a panic attack when Asterion attempts to fuck you :ROFLMAO:
No i didnt have that in my playthrough

Also what is this? Is this suppose to be some kind of passsive agresive attack on me over Concord?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
No i didnt have that in my playthrough

Also what is this? Is this suppose to be some kind of passsive agresive attack on me over Concord?
Nah bro definitely not an attack, It's just that I found that bit hilarious in my first playthrough :ROFLMAO:

I had to get asterion off of me 3 times in one playthrough

anti wokes hated this, but glad you still find enjoyment regaurdless

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I didn't say any of that, the anti woke mob who were crying about it back at release were. I loved the game as well

But I was just joking since you've been going off on Concord the last few days 😂😂
That game was such an eyesore

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer