Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t come to Xbox before 2024, Larian suggests

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Sony considered, made market research, asked developers, made internal test prototype, etc. And found out it was too problematic (well anybody with a bit of sense knew it was a issue for the generation).

But if you look just what they released the Vita TV was a failure… it was underpowered and not all games could run on it.

"has not had great results in the past"

- it would be funny if he was thinking about Vita TV there. But Vita TV was never pitched as an affordable alternative to PS4.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
"has not had great results in the past"

- it would be funny if he was thinking about Vita TV there. But Vita TV was never pitched as an affordable alternative to PS4.
Vita TV didn't even play all Vita games. Sometime Sony misses completely on hardware.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Vita TV didn't even play all Vita games. Sometime Sony misses completely on hardware.

yeah, weird spinoff of a failed system. dualshock4 (used by vitatv) and vita don't even have the same inputs. sony "encouraged" vita devs to design around novel inputs as seen in Escape Plan and Tearaway, and then those games are totally fucked on the TV.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Larian developer clearly hates the Series S, but he tried to be nice as much as possible 😁

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Larian developer clearly hates the Series S, but he tried to be nice as much as possible 😁
I don't think he hates Series S at all.

He probably is amused because he can't ship a game due Series S and MS policies.
I should act the same in his situation.

To be fair I should just ignore Xbox version and call a day.
He did that before but vocal Xbox fans started to ask ad infinitum.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I don't think he hates Series S at all.

He probably is amused because he can't ship a game due Series S and MS policies.
I should act the same in his situation.

To be fair I should just ignore Xbox version and call a day.
He did that before but vocal Xbox fans started to ask ad infinitum.

He really tried to polite as much as possible in that interview. Other than that, it is clearly visible he don't like it.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I can't think of a time when there was a Series S. There's just been cross-gen overlap. The Pro models last gen were unprecedented afaik. Unless you want to count like the 32x or N64 ram pack.

Not to be "that guy" but we also had the New 3ds,psp 3000,Gameboy Color The DSI before it and even the PSX counts

Console_psx.jpg

Reactions: ethomaz

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Not to be "that guy" but we also had the New 3ds,psp 3000,Gameboy Color The DSI before it and even the PSX counts

View attachment 1961
Cool to bring these up, but imo none of them "count", with the closest being New 3DS. Once the PS4 Pro launched, practically every game had a Pro mode with substantial performance boosts. These units you've listed are mainly late-era hardware refreshes with minor upgrades that mostly weren't targeted by developers.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They’re gonna have to make sacrifices. This is the position Microsoft has unfortunately put developers in. We’re going to be stuck with series s being the baseline for the next 5-8 years of multi platform and the next era of cross-gen when it happens. It’s def not just X games at 1440p. Its last gen machine meant to pick up scraps vs ps4. Straight up garbage hardware.

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
FatKaz

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Lmfao, this is getting to early ps3 levels of bad

giphy.gif

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I remember a certain veteran saying it's as easy as scaling back a couple of graphical things and it'd be fine. The same guy just proven wrong by R&C running like ass at low specs with an HDD.

I'm sure this developer was bribed by evil Sony.