Batman Arkham game series will return, confirms DC boss

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1703004300998.png

The news came after one fan wrote: “Hey James, will the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League be the final game for the Arkham universe?” To which Gunn replied: “No plans of it being the last!”

Although Gunn’s reply has since been seemingly deleted, sources claim it is legit and it would also corroborate a previous statement made by the DC boss.

Again posted to Threads, Gunn was asked if DC games will continue to be based on the movies after the launch of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. He replied: "No way! I personally can’t wait for the game and hopefully more. I’m a fan!"

Despite the Batman Arkham series recently having a less-than-successful launch on the Nintendo Switch, fans are still eager to see more from the series. Luckily for them, the future seems bright for the franchise.
Topics: Batman, DC

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
These responses do not confirm that the Batman Arkham games will return though.

For example, they could, theoretically, have a Suicide Squad 2, and these statements would still be true.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
These responses do not confirm that the Batman Arkham games will return though.

For example, they could, theoretically, have a Suicide Squad 2, and these statements would still be true.
Stop trying to ruin Christmas FFS,

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

• thisistheway
Reactions: Heisenberg007

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Hmmm…

It’s kinda gonna be a reboot I think. New voice for Batman. I’m okay with it. Direct sequels would be fine too. Whatever it is…

Good luck.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Batman Beyond with a cyberpunk aesthetic would knock people upside the head real good. Plus he already has a glide suit so no shoehorning that in to keep up with Insomniac’s Spider-Man.

I’d also take a less dark Year One.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Fwiw, this is "news" because post-merger WB was going to force all of the games to be movie tie-ins starting with Wonder Woman. The DCEU or whatever they call it is dead as a whole now so not a real surprise that this stopped but its nice to get confirmation. That said, I want them to go back to basics and make a linear (think the original Arkham Asylum) game again.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Just as long as they do whatever they need to in order to get Paul Dini writing the games again and retcon Arkham Knight out, things will be good.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Fwiw, this is "news" because post-merger WB was going to force all of the games to be movie tie-ins starting with Wonder Woman. The DCEU or whatever they call it is dead as a whole now so not a real surprise that this stopped but its nice to get confirmation. That said, I want them to go back to basics and make a linear (think the original Arkham Asylum) game again.
Thanks for this tidbit.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Just collaborate with Sony on a new stylish Batman game. Spread the risk, attribute the best talent