Battlefield franchise has lost yet another creative director

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The Battlefield franchise has lost yet another Creative Director following Marcus Lehto’s departure last month.

Craig Morrison joined the Battlefield Franchise as Creative Director in August 2021, becoming the Studio Creative Director in December 2022 in replacement of ‘Mr Battlefield’ Lars Gustavsson. However, Morrison’s LinkedIn has revealed that Morrison left the franchise in February 2024 to join Blue Scarab Entertainment.

The move marks the second time a Creative Director has left the franchise in 2024 alone, which is typically something you would see happen at the end of the project.

Marcus Lehto, the Creative Director of Ridgelline Games left the franchise last month, too. Soon after, EA announced that it would be letting go of 670 employees, which also included the closure of Ridgeline Games.

On Lehto’s departure, Laura Miele, president of EA Entertainment said, “Marcus Lehto recently made a personal decision to leave the project. To ensure our work continues uninterrupted, we immediately appointed leadership at Criterion to oversee our single-player work.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If anything this just confirms to me Sony would be better off not investing EA in anyway unless it has to do with Soccer/Football games. Take 2 and Square is who Sony should be investing in IMO.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Its funny - but among all the shooter fanbases, the battlefield fans (myself included) are probably the most consistant with what they want to see … if they just follow that, regardless of who comes and goes on the dev side - it would be a guaranteed win.

[BF3 MP goodness + BC2 destruction]

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Its funny - but among all the shooter fanbases, the battlefield fans (myself included) are probably the most consistant with what they want to see … if they just follow that, regardless of who comes and goes on the dev side - it would be a guaranteed win.

[BF3 MP goodness + BC2 destruction]
Damn I use to really love mp play in BF. Bought the last one and didn't even open it.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Hope this franchise gets back on track. Stop chasing COD, Battlefield plays different from COD and EA needs to get back to understanding that.

Last edited:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
the WW1 detour was a mistake. battlefield is still a pretty good franchise, it just needs to get back to what works.
Huh, that was the only time they actually beat CoD? Or do you mean they went back to WWI a second time to try to relive the magic after BF2 stunk up the joint?