Bethesda France SHUT DOWN

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The best thing could happen was Microsoft buying Bethesda, 2 mediocre companies joined together at the hip now. For one thing I hope starfail is not allowed on the store by PS. Slop games should not be listed, they can keep ES and Fallout too
Same for the ABK acquisition, they bought all these creatively bankrupt publishers and don't have single exciting game on the way. We paid a cheap price for the death of Xbox.

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
"Sony too" :ROFLMAO:

Wtf does Sony have to do with MS closing Bethesda France?
You know I'm starting to think in the next playstation showcase in May sony will announce starfield ps5 port and other Xbox games and the next playstation annual report in May will be great thanks too Helldivers 2 success that's why these xbox shills are spreading fake news about Helldivers 2 Xbox port and downplaying ps5 pro power
Also Notice how these bots in reeee and gaf are always using the previous sony annual report in February to downplay ps5 success and say ps5 is a failure and console gaming is dead
And they ignore the facts that sony still didn't cut ps5 price cuz the economy is very very bad worldwide with the wars we have in Ukraine Middle East and maybe Taiwan soon ( sorry for going off topic 😅)
Anyway next year will be very interesting year with gta 5 release
Sorry I meant gta 6 not 5

Last edited:
Reactions: Gediminas

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Microsoft has trillions, why would they do this?
Probably cause there irrelevant in EU & rather use ai to replace them just like the Korea localization type text in Japan & Chinese last year lol. The only reason MS is investing in Japan in the likes of Sega is these games are popular on PS & Xbox wana say “me me I’m here look these games are doing good on Xbox” when in reality the only reason Persona & Yakuza games are going to Xbox is because MS is essentially paying for the port & marketing loosing $ just for the sake of them Xbox looking like they care or is building relationships with these companies.

If Xbox cared about Japan they would bring back Banjo & Blue dragon. Or make more platform/turn base games that have a more artistic/anime art style. A fallout tactic or Overwatch tactic game would be cool

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
That's unfortunate, people losing their jobs is never good. However Bethesda was doomed the minute Zenimax sold to Microsoft. We're gonna Acti-Blitz crumble in the next 2 years as well.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft has trillions, why would they do this?
Even if the whole corporation has trillions, their gaming division must have many billions in cumulative loses and dozens of billions invested in acquisitions they have to recoup, so they need to improve their profitability as they can cutting the fat.

Regarding Bethesda, their recent games apparently didn't have great sales. Plus Starfield took forever to be made and has over 4000 people on its game credits. So pretty likely Bethesda is one of the places where they have to cut some fat.

I don't know what Bethesda France did do, other than maybe marketing, sales and CM, or who knows if localization for France/french language. These things pretty likely can be handled by MS. Regarding CM, Instagram or Twitter have good automatic translation. Or if something can hire a French speaking CM from the HQ, no need a French subsidiary for this.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Bethesda France? Does what exactly…

Asking the right questions.

Probably mainly PR/Marketing and Localization and maybe(?) customer support and a few other smaller things.
This is not surprising from Microsoft.
Like other huge big tech corps, they love to outsource those type of things to save costs even though it will ultimately lead to much weaker service/presence in the region.

Reactions: Yuniac

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Most of them doing so.

Yeah but Microsoft is going to do what they want to do. With Sea of Thieves looking like a massive success on PlayStation, I believe the live service games will be day one on PlayStation moving forward while the single player games will be based on if it's big or not. Starfield would be considered big so I can see that going to PS5 but something like South of Midnight, probably not because I see that as not doing much if anything.