Bethesda has added Denuvo to Ghostwire: Tokyo

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

GhostWire-Tokyo-new-feature-1038x576.jpg

A few hours ago, Tango Gameworks released the Spider’s Thread Free Update for Ghostwire: Tokyo. And, according to some changes to the game’s executable file, users assumed that Bethesda has added Denuvo to the game. And yes, we can now confirm that the game indeed uses the Denuvo anti-tamper tech.
In order to find out whether the game uses Denuvo, we simply used MSConfig in order to change the number of CPU cores our AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D uses.
Like with all Denuvo games, after five CPU changes, you’ll get the following authentication error message. So yes, the game now uses Denuvo, there is no doubt about that.

Ghostwire: Tokyo launched a year ago, so it feels a bit weird adding Denuvo to such an old game. My guess is that Tango Gameworks may be working on an expansion, which kind of explains why Bethesda added Denuvo to it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That seems unusual.
The game already passed the launch window sales.

Maybe it is some MS policy to standardize all releases.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Good, I hate pirating.

As do I, but from what I understand Denuvo can cause issues with games bought by customers. It can and does impact performance, sometimes drastically. I can see why gamers dislike it and I can also see why companies implement it. It's a shitty situation brought on by people who don't think they should have to pay for games.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
As do I, but from what I understand Denuvo can cause issues with games bought by customers. It can and does impact performance, sometimes drastically. I can see why gamers dislike it and I can also see why companies implement it. It's a shitty situation brought on by people who don't think they should have to pay for games.

Yes, it does.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
PC gamers get what they deserve.