Bethesda trademark offers Doom hint, as suggestion of an imminent reveal swirls

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
Today, there were rumors around a new Doom game. Tom Warren from The Verge said something on X and people took that to the bank.

Now a new trademark has come up which is possibly linked to the next Doom game. The patent titled "IDKFA" is for a video game and is filed by ZeniMax in the United States.

If you're not aware, "IDKFA" is a cheat code used in the classic Doom series.

Is this a new game or a remake of some sort? Is "IDKFA" a subtitle? We don't know yet, but the next Xbox Showcase is expected to bring answers.

The Xbox Games Showcase will commence on June 9 at 1pm ET / 10am PT / 6pm BST / 7pm CEST.

Some Background

It is already confirmed that a new Doom is in development so this trademark shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. In fact, the game has been leaked multiple times. Its official title is believed to be "Doom Year Zero" which makes me thing this trademark, if it is Doom related, could be for the game's DLC (or the title changed?); I'm just speculating here.

And yes, the existence a DLC was also leaked alongside the game.

So "IDKFA" could either be a new title for the game or the name of the DLC. Who knows for sure at this point so let's wait till the Xbox Showcase.

Source: Clawsomegamer

Last edited:
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The pending trademark, filed in the US, is titled "IDKFA" - a well-known cheat code used in the Doom series.

This isn't the first we've heard of a new Doom game being in development. A project referred to as "Doom: Year Zero" was named in a release schedule accidentally shared by Microsoft last year, in documents pertaining to its Activision Blizzard FTC court case. (That document also mentioned Ghostwire: Tokyo and Dishonored sequels, which sadly seem likely to no longer be happening.)

Last week, The Verge's chatty Tom Warren repeatedly implied that Microsoft had a Doom announcement ready to go as part of next month's June showcase event - to help in "lifting the DOOM around Xbox". Eurogamer has heard similar

Reactions: Entropi

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
id Software is one of the few studios I trust from Xbox. I hope their quality won't decline under them.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Honestly, it has been awhile now, though sadly a lot of that time was wasted on whatever Quake turned out to be.