Biden drops out of presidential race and endorses Harris to be nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
resident Joe Biden announced Sunday that he will end his presidential re-election campaign, bringing an abrupt and humbling conclusion to his half-century-long political career and scrambling the race for the White House less than four months before Election Day.

Biden, 81, could not reverse growing sentiment within his party that he was too frail to serve and destined to lose to Donald Trump in November. He backed Vice President Kamala Harris to replace him as the Democratic nominee.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
He quit thru tweet (huge, cowardly bitch move). You can’t even guarantee he wrote that or even knows it happened. They told us he got Covid for like a 3rd time and hid him in some basement for the weekend. Like how is this not a coup d'état within the democrat party too?

Congress should be invoking the 25th asap since he’s clearly incapacitated and can’t serve the rest of the term either.

So this is how democracy fails. Disgusting state of the country tbh. I’m amused sure but I’m more so embarrassed, disappointed and furious at this pathetic federal government. Everyone should be fired.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
He quit thru tweet (huge, cowardly bitch move). You can’t even guarantee he wrote that or even knows it happened. They told us he got Covid for like a 3rd time and hid him in some basement for the weekend. Like how is this not a coup d'état within the democrat party too?

Congress should be invoking the 25th asap since he’s clearly incapacitated and can’t serve the rest of the term either.

So this is how democracy fails. Disgusting state of the country tbh. I’m amused sure but I’m more so embarrassed, disappointed and furious at this pathetic federal government. Everyone should be fired.
Democrats have no one to blame but themselves. For the last 3 years, everybody that wasn’t a partisan hack, could see that Biden was in decline. The party leaders should have went to Biden a year or two ago and told him to not run again. That way they could have had a real primary and build a young candidate up, so the country can get to know him or her. Instead they gaslighted and lied to the country by saying that Biden wasn’t in cognitive decline. When videos were showed proving it, they called it “cheap fakes”. They thought they could hide that and coast on the Trump indictments. They couldn’t hide it any longer after that disastrous debate. Now with less than 100 days until the Election, they might try to build up Kamala Harris. Who is only the VP because of DEI, and did nothing as VP. But I wouldn’t count her out because Trump is still hated and feared by many. But still, what a disaster by Democrats.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo and voke

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We have had our fair share of dishonest politicians over here in the UK.

One thing I will say about this whole thing is the way they have been gaslighting people in America that Biden has been fine for all these months.

Anyone with half a brain could see the cognitive decline of Biden, and them constantly lying to people is not a good sign of an administration.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Biden is way too old and his mental faculties are failing. Watching him talk in any video shows this.
Him moving aside for Kamala Harris was a good choice imo. I rather like the fact that I can vote for someone under 60 when I vote Dem.

Right wingers throwing a hissy fit over this and forming conspiracy theories around it are bizarre. Just say you wanted Trump to be competing against a senile old man so he could more easily bully him. Would be more honest.
Also I thought this site didn't want politics.

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Falcs, voke and Nym

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Great decision, albeit very late. Dislike how the democrats decided to push Biden's second term rather than running a primary, becuase now we have a nom the voters did not pick. Regardless, dems are in better shape to run with Harris.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Same....this topic is full of division, and I'd rather not know who is MAGA here lmfao
I know that @Nym has a pair of Hillary pyjamas.

happy hillary clinton GIF

But yer will close this thread before the night is out.

• sad
Reactions: Nym

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
If you insist on posting politics could you at least post real news sources instead of the Twitter accounts of conservative grifters

• haha
Reactions: Falcs and Nym

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
If you insist on posting politics could you at least post real news sources instead of the Twitter accounts of conservative grifters

Can I get a list of your approved "real news" sources

Status
Not open for further replies.