Black Myth: Wukong has sold 10 million copies across all platforms.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
monkey.gif

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The hype this game has gotten around social media has been absurd. Whoever was in charge of the marketing, bravo.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I would say 2 million minimum on PS5, its #2 in sales only behind Fortnight on PS5.
We have to consider WeGame in China as a platform as well but overall Wukong leapfrogging college football and madden is a pleasant surprise, if the game remains in the top 10 for another couple of weeks then yeah I can see it surely hit 3+ million on PS

11 Jul 2024
Xbox missing out on the best selling games year after year (BG3 and Wukong now) is something that needs to be studied.
Wondering what it's gonna be next year, because you can be sure as shit games are gonna get even beefier and the Series S will lag behind yet again.

24 Jun 2022
I hope this game's success signals to SIE that they don't need a glut of GAAS to boost their revenue and profits. They just need a very modest amount of (unique) GAAS (1-2 AAA, 1-2 AA) but otherwise focus on their strengths as a single-player story-driven publisher. Tell genuinely awesome and amazing stories with cool characters, devoid of influence from groups like SBI, and build value in them alongside your console & platform.

All of a sudden your "margins" problem on non-GAAS titles would go away; SIE are already chipping away at some other aspects of the equation (i.e big pushes into emerging markets), but GAAS isn't going to be the breadwinner they want them to be, and I think games like Wukong show how their traditional games could easily do that instead.

Hopefully Wukong's success also serves as some inspiration to Western AAA studios & publishers in general, who I think in most cases have gotten both too lazy and too greedy chasing "money-at-all-costs" monetization trends and bandwagoning into GAAS with uninspired slop. The market for quality single-player games never went away; it's just that a lot of Western devs & pubs stopped releasing quality single-player games! So when the sales dropped, they blamed the customer base instead of the declining quality of their own product (like clockwork).

Get back to treating games as a creative medium instead of a gambling business or political soapbox.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
So apart from Chinese speaking gamers, we're looking at around 1 million worldwide sales.

And a bunch of those sales are part of Geforce bundle for anyone getting a RTX 4070 and up:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So apart from Chinese speaking gamers, we're looking at around 1 million worldwide sales.

And a bunch of those sales are part of Geforce bundle for anyone getting a RTX 4070 and up:

I would assume it's 10 million including PlayStation.

It all depends on the split then.

I would assume PS5 sales are well over a million considering the ccu.

So I would say 2.5-3 million outside China