Black Myth: Wukong 12 min new gameplay. Release Date Trailer | Confront Destiny on August 20, 2024 |UP| Storepage up on PSN.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Last edited:

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
muytPuU.png

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It has a great atmosphere. Lots said it was or could be vaporware.
Tbh when they showed the first trailer i was skeptical... iirc it was reported it was only 10 ppl working on the game at that point.. former netease (mobile games) employees. But they showed a lot now so if it comes out trash i will be highly disappointed

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
If staggered console releases become a custom or trend there are only two winners by default - MS/Steam.

Sony's third party relations team better be putting the work in.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Saying it better be Day 1.

Biggest game of this year wasn't Day 1.

Cyberpunk releases great on PC, like trash on consoles.

A lot of attention needs to be paid to PC centric devs by Sony's third party relations team - specially going forward. Hec I would create a separate working group with at least a couple bodies within the third party relations team to continue to monitor it.

The natural roles where PC gets the staggered release as the afterthought platform with non-priority and gets the trashy port can not be allowed to be reversed. Any movement, even a sniff of a silly trend must be clamped down early by being proactive, not reactive.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Saying it better be Day 1.

Biggest game of this year wasn't Day 1.
Small devs tend to do PC first because it's easier and cheaper. Console releases have fees the devs have to pay before they can release on there. Nothing to do with favoritism or dropping the ball.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Small devs tend to do PC first because it's easier and cheaper. Console releases have fees the devs have to pay before they can release on there. Nothing to do with favoritism or dropping the ball.
Larian ain't a small dev. The nuance you're trying to insert does not apply here.

And even the ongoing war for small dev favoritism of the PC platform due to its inherent strength of being an all-purpose device can and must be tackled. This is actually an area where the cloud could prove useful to Sony as an initiative, and help alleviate the inherent limitations presented by the dev kit system.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Larian ain't a small dev. The nuance you're trying to insert does not apply here.

And even the ongoing war for small dev favoritism to the PC platform due to its inherent strength of being an all-purpose device can and must be tackled. This is actually an area where the cloud could prove useful to Sony as an initiative, and help alleviate the inherent limitations presented by the dev kit system.

I'm not convinced this is something worth freaking out about. Wukong's dev is a third party dev and a lesser known one at that. Who cares as long as Playstation isn't getting passed over for Xbox.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I'm not convinced this is something worth freaking out about. Wukong's dev is a third party dev and a lesser known one at that. Who cares as long as Playstation isn't getting passed over for Xbox.
You don't have to be convinced. I think the Xbox boogeyman going away will wake a few up to what competition is actually looking like now. All in due time for the slow learners.

Xbox is out, PlayStation is back to a 150m install base.... who's PlayStation competing with then, directly? I can only nudge so much.

Reactions: Kokoloko