Bloober Team to develop new game based on Skybound Entertainment IP

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Bloober-Skybound_12-20-23-1024x576.jpg

Bloober Team has signed a licensing and publishing agreement with Skybound Entertainment to create a game based on intellectual property owned by Skybound Entertainment. It is code-named “R” and expected to launch in 2025.

“This project is another step in our second-party strategy, where we work with external partners to provide our horror know-how,” Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno said in a press release. “These are titles that are meant to not only give us financial profit, but are the next steps in achieving our strategy by the end of 2027. We have known our friends from Skybound for a long time and I am sure it will be a successful cooperation.”

Further details were not announced.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Bloober Team is working on so many projects, look at these mercenaries go.
I mean, it's a Polish studio, so they're cheap.
Their technical chops(rendering) is also pretty good, especially for their size, so I can see why they get work.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm so tired of the resurgence of licensed video games. I think that's part of the reason I'm so checked out of AAA console gaming at the moment. Everything is either star wars/marvel/or insert horror IP.

And for people who aren't interested in Nintendo's fifth mario remake, the only place to turn to is PC/Steam discovery.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
How are Bloober getting so many deals and contracts?

It really boggles my mind that a studio that never really had massive success with one of their games can be carried so much by business acumen or contacts.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

It really boggles my mind that a studio that never really had massive success with one of their games can be carried so much by business acumen or contacts.

It can only be cost related, no matter if they don't deliver big hits the return on investment must be there.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm so tired of the resurgence of licensed video games. I think that's part of the reason I'm so checked out of AAA console gaming at the moment. Everything is either star wars/marvel/or insert horror IP.

And for people who aren't interested in Nintendo's fifth mario remake, the only place to turn to is PC/Steam discovery.
Just yesterday I posted about people getting sick of the too many Marvel stuff, and some people were wishing to kill me. 🤣

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Analyze current global political climate and all will make sense to you 😊

Reactions: Bryank75

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Context: Nintendo has not remade a Mario game since Mario 64 DS in 2004.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
True.

They usually just re-release them with absolutely no improvements.
Yes, that is sad but true, and why I skipped over stuff like SM3DAS or 3DW (although that one did get a nice standalone project included with it.)