Bloodborne player count sky rocket after the hype of Elden Ring DLC

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Not surprising but this shows why permanent exclusive to your own platform is important. These likely being new players from players who have not yet bought Bloodborne on PS console or PC players who has a PS console or bought a PS console & decided to buy it on PS console giving Sony/PS 100% of the cut instead of sharing a 30% split w Steam counting for less money. Bloodborne being exclusive for 10+ years has resulted in Sony/PS receiving high cuts & profits from the game in the long term not even counting those who bought a PS console & bought other stuff like PS+, DLC or other games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/s/AjO4LLpEz3

There’s been a influx of new players that’s been noticeable if you scroll by the BB Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/s/hzByNN7J9t

PS own games are no longer thought as PS console games. Funny how PS games have more conversation on how they can be ported to PC or how Sony can remake/remaster a game to release it on PC. This will certainly effect PS6 if most gamers now think about PS games as time exclusive the migration to PC, Steamdeck 2 & Switch 2 will be crazy. The lack of migration of PS4 players to PS5 is alarming after 4 years & more exclusive games (now time exclusive) in the first 3-4 years compared to PS4 I’ve seen many PS4 players talking about not needing to migrate to PS5 because the lack of exclusive games & they bring up how PS5 exclusive games go to PC anyways. I do wonder if more PS console owners will also adopt PC/Steamdeck & that pie of dual owners grows more w more PS players now owning a Steamdeck/PC or Switch 2 as a substitute secondary device. I can also see that secondary device turn as there primary device with only the time exclusive PS games being played on a PS console while PC/Steamdeck turns as the main for 3rd party. I think PS makes it easy to simply wait for the ports there’s not much fomo

Had Bloodborne been on PC Sony would be getting 30% split cuts w Steam getting more benefits + steam now having almost all “souls/fromsoft game” on its storefront. Demon souls will likely get ported. Also if bloodborne was on PC both PS & PC players would no longer need a PS console to play bloodborne & could play it on PC or Steamdeck aswell as Sony/PS loosing in that mtx, dlc & other game sells aswell as telling PS gamers hey explore other platform like PC or Steamdeck because those platforms can play PS games aswell & they’re better ecosystem/platforms compared to PS console + the benefits of saving much more money on PC or Steamdeck compared to PS console to play PS games.

Bloodborne on PC will be crazy the mods alone will allow bloodborne & pc players to never be milk dry by PS from remaster/remakes since all that can be done on PC w mods. When are we expecting demon souls on PC 2025? I can see 2025 for a demon souls port

Last edited: