Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night sales top two million; first look at ‘VS’ and ‘Chaos’ modes. |UP| Update coming May 9th.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Total sales of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night have surpassed two million units worldwide as of August, publisher 505 Games and developer ArtPlay announced.

The new “VS” and “Chaos” modes are currently in development, both of which will include online multiplayer for the first time.

“This [addition of online functionality] has resulted in some challenges and delays that we that we did not expect, but we continue forward!” ArtPlay explained in a blog post. “We are nearing completion of the new content.”

First footage of the new content was shared in a video update today, and more information will be announced on September 14.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC via Steam, iOS, and Android.

Reactions: Arc and JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How about a sequel?
In case you missed it, last year in June 2021, 505 Games and ArtPlay revealed they were in the "very early planning stages" for a Bloodstained sequel. Since then, the original game has received a number of crossover promotions and character updates. You can learn more in our existing coverage:

Reactions: Arc

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I got this back at launch, and unfortunately ran into bugs or something. I was quite enjoying it though. I think it might be time to revisit this when the Portal comes out, bring back a few of those Castlevania Advance memories.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I got this back at launch, and unfortunately ran into bugs or something. I was quite enjoying it though. I think it might be time to revisit this when the Portal comes out, bring back a few of those Castlevania Advance memories.
Damn really? I had no bugs.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Damn really? I had no bugs.
Yeah, it was kind of crapshoot back then, IIRC. Some people were making it out just fine, others were hitting game ending bugs. To their credit, I think they fixed it relatively quickly, like a Jedi Survivor situation, maybe quicker.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Unlike Shenmue 3 and mighty No.9 this kickstarter was actually good and worth the hype

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reactions: John Elden Ring
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nice. I'm a huge Metroidvania fan and I have this one on my wishlist.
What!? You hvnt played this yet!? This game imo is the best Metroidvania game. It's definitely a Symphony of the Night spiritual successor.

• Surprised
Reactions: Yuniac