[Bloomberg] Disney CEO's deputies are pushing him to consider transforming Disney to gaming giant through,say, an EA acquistion.He's been non commital

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Iger's deputies are pushing him to consider a bolder transformation of Disney from gaming licensee to gaming giant through, say, an acquisition of Electronic Arts. But, as with everything else, he's been noncommittal.

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Someone has to tell him how the EA Star War games outside Jedi Survivor ended.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The article makes it sound like Iger is asleep at the wheel, and I believe it.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Doubt he will do it, lack the talent. Best thing is to license your ip like sony does with their content on streaming services.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I don’t believe this. Disney’s market share tanked hard. Disney is making loss over loss. There is no way they would return to Disney Interactive days by buying EA. They will continue to sell licenses for their games. Cheaper than in-house developing. I also doubt from a economical view that Disney could afford EA. They would need to pay like $55B. Disney has still huge debts because of the Fox deal…

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and Old Gamer

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Disney is basically American propaganda they charge for. I would not be excited to see them buying up game studios.

Hmm albeit tbh it always was tbh Although I must say it exactly do be like that I may wonder what they do have in store here in the future.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
I don’t believe this. Disney’s market share tanked hard. Disney is making loss over loss. There is no way they would return to Disney Interactive days by buying EA. They will continue to sell licenses for their games. Cheaper than in-house developing. I also doubt from a economical view that Disney could afford EA. They would need to pay like $55B. Disney has still huge debts because of the Fox deal…
I would imagine it would be a merger for the 2 companies